Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Change is a-comin'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Change is a-comin'

I have some wonderful, wonderful friends. I am completely blown away and excited about a deal that is in the works with a friend of mine.
    She works part time, Friday and Saturday from 9am - 7pm. She is going to swap her two days for two of mine. So ... she will work my Wednesday and Thursday 3pm-1am and I will work her Friday and Saturday. It will give me a weird split week but ... it works out.
    I'll work Monday and Tuesday from 3pm-1am, be off Wednesday and Thursday and then work Friday and Saturday til 7 pm. The big picture is that I will be home sleeping at regular times 5 nights a week!!!!!!
    I am sort of sniffing around for someone to switch the other two days with me. It would be awesome if I could make that happen but ... it's hard because there aren't many options. Someone who takes my hours would need to not be working dayshift the next day.
    I can't wait for this to happen. Due to our weird scheduling, it won't be until the end of February.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I think I'm getting very very very sick
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the swap idea Nikki, it sounds just what you need.

What I don't love is that you are getting worse........please, please take some you time.
    The sick leave is there to take.

The worst case scenario is that you get so bad, that you can no longer work at all - you need to listen to your body
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Nikki,

Great news on the shift change. I understand about scheduling as we are on a 6 month schedule. Our sups are pretty flexible if we need to make changes though. Maybe you could ask and see if it could happen sooner than February.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so sick. Are you still working, silly girl? REST, REST, REST That is your new mantra. Feel better and keep us posted. We worry about you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am still working, but just my regular hours right now. I've actually unloaded quite a bit of overtime, I will not work past 9pm on my overtime days, and if I get this new shift, I won't work nights at all for overtime.
    I'm making some tiny changes.
    I feel backed into a corner financially about taking time off. We have a HUGE mortgage payment, car payments. We are truly living the American Dream in California which means ... debt. Ugh. I'm trying to get hubby to listen to me but he keeps starting projects!
    If I have to miss payments, I will ... but it kills me after working so hard to stay on top of things.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand totally - I also have a mortgage and kids (adult ones)

No use having the American Dream, if you are to sick to enjoy it though.

I hope things comes good for you in 2014 Nikki
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I'm glad you got those shift changes and hopefully you will be able to find someone else to swap out the other days,that would be great for you to be able to sleep normally.
    With all those sick days people got for you ,are they not paid days ? Have you seen a dr. or got your blood work done yet ? I am worried about you,you have been ill for a long time now and now you say you are getting worse. You really do need to do something before you end up in the hosp and have more bills.
    Please go get checked out and start the New Year off right.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    p.s. I think I'm getting very very very sick
    Hi Nikki,
    in what are you getting sick ? some flu or wg-issues ? how are you with the mtx-injections ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I am still working, but just my regular hours right now. I've actually unloaded quite a bit of overtime, I will not work past 9pm on my overtime days, and if I get this new shift, I won't work nights at all for overtime.
    I'm making some tiny changes.
    I feel backed into a corner financially about taking time off. We have a HUGE mortgage payment, car payments. We are truly living the American Dream in California which means ... debt. Ugh. I'm trying to get hubby to listen to me but he keeps starting projects!
    If I have to miss payments, I will ... but it kills me after working so hard to stay on top of things.

I'm no financial guru by any means, but check out DaveRamsey.com if you're interested in getting out of debt with a plan. I've listened to him for years on the radio and he gives solid info. With that said I've yet to get to one of his classes. That is my 2014 goal to get to a class and get started on a plan. Good luck to you this coming year Nikki. Please take care of yourself as NO personal possession is worth your health or life for that matter. Take care.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I hate clicking Like because you say you are getting so sick! But I'm thrilled that you are getting schedule changes that will make things easier and give you more un-interrupted time to rest! The sooner the better! Do NOT end up in the hospital, and get the help you need from your docs! And use some of those accrued sick days, especially if they are paid!

Cindy, thanks for the mention of Dave Ramsey. I've heard of him. I have need for debt management. I wlll go to his site as soon as I leave here!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011