Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A vertical line of letters before post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A vertical line of letters before post

When I (Lilly) or my mother (LillysMom) post from her computer, there is always a vertical line of letters, and occasional word, like...."standard" and other computer symbols. It wasts a lot of space and I was wondering if it was a setting I need to change on this site? Or just with my moms computer? It does not do it when I post from my I Phone. Thank u~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Lily,
    you can edit each post of yours after you send it. look and see there is an "edit" option.
    I don't know why do you have all that letters.
    but I am glad that you have an access to come here whenever you want.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point about the editing. That seems like it would work, just delete that stuff in the editing process. One more step you have to take, but might make you feel better to get rid of the extra stuff.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are also opportunities to preview your post in some situations.... and then you can edit before sending. Not sure what to tell you about when you can do this, as I'm not being offered that option in this quick reply. Maybe try the "Go Advanced" button?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps a PM to Andrew is in order to see what might be causing this...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easiest thing to try is delete this site from puter, restart, find and download this site again, then try it.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi hi. Yes I've seen this from you Lilly and one other. Not sure what's causing it but when I get back to a real internet connection I'll see if I can work out what's wrong.

Killy can you please tell me what computer and browser you're using when this happens for example windows 8 and internet explorer or apple MAC and Safari.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Andrew, it's Lilly. The computer I'm using is -- Windows 7, MAC Book Air, Apple--Safari. It doesn't happen when I use my I Phone 3. I went into settings and made a change that they suggested to choose another of the 3, if u were having problems with the way your messages were printing. Maybe that will help. I'll get on moms Apple as soon as I can and see. Thank You~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thank You All~

I surely appreciate all the good advice I received about the crazy vertical line of letters on my posts. I think I'll get it fixed one way or another soon. I'm just happy to know y'all are there, even for this!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!! I'm looking forward to it! Heck....I'm just happy to wake Up every morning! I have a strange sense of humor, so hope no one ever thinks I'm being critical or mean....if I ever seem that way to anyone, let me know. We are from all over the world, so I assume we will have some differences. Thank you all!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andrew to the rescue !!! Lilly are you posting from your phone cuz it's not doing it now ?

You can "pretty much" say what's on your mind, I think we are all a little crazy here....maybe it's the drugs !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast