Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A vertical line of letters before post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't noticed anything critical or mean sounding in what you have written, Lilly.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Anne I'm glad! I have a dry sense of humor, so I may say something silly to me that someone else "doesn't get it!" But that's not really as important as learning more about this crazy disease! I think I am ready to ask a major question. Do I start a "new thread"? Or just go to the main forum and ask? I'm still learning this site, and it is not that difficult, but I'm not used to "websites". I'm trying to help my mom learn the site. She just joined She is my Best Friend and my Rock. She worries that she bothers me by checking on me when I'm at my house, or calling each morning, ......but I wouldn't want it any other way! She is amazing, I have 3 younger sisters, and she is able to make us all feel like she is there for us all, when we need her. I am so very lucky and blessed. I'm going to keep looking around to see the best way to ask my question, if u can tell me the best way, I'll b here. Thank you!
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always start a new thread whenever you want to, to ask a specific question, tell a story, update us on something, or whatever. You just go the the main Forum page (link at upper left on this page), and then pick from list of categories according to what best fits the content of what you are going to post. Just like you did when you picked New Member Introductions and Website Issues. There's one for non-Wegs related stuff, too. Anyway, go to the category that you picked and you'll see a list of posts and threads, and up in the left hand corner you'll see Post New Thread. So, just go there, and you'll get a chance to fill in a title for your thread, and a screen on which to write it. I think you may get a chance to preview your post, too, so you could possibly delete all those extraneous characters that keep appearing. And there are ways to insert pics and smilies in your post, change the font, add colored text, etc. You can always continue in an existing thread, too, if it seems appropriate. I hope that helps! You have already done all this, actually. I don't think there is really a "main forum" to ask from, you need to pick a category if I'm not mistaken. One of them is General WG Discussion or something similar, which can be kind of a catch all.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Debra, posting from my phone! So it doesn't do it.....
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much Anne! That helps tremendously!! I'm beginning to get it! Lol! My question is about my nose, and where I live, in Mobile, Alabama....it's almost 10pm, and being New Years Day, the family was here to eat and we had a great day, but I'm exhausted, and I just took my nite time pain med, so I'll be falling asleep soon! I'll get back on tomorrow and maybe my brain will work better!
    Thanks girl......ur the best, I'll talk to u and many other terrific folks tomorrow~
    Life is a Gift~ Lilly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hi Lilly
    From your earlier post I gather you're using safari when this issue happens.
    Try emptying the Safari cache which is i think done by:

Command + Option + E
    Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

Other than that if you're using Kaspersky antivirus, try uninstalling the sucker and see if that fixes it too. Kaspersky both sucks and blows. Just sayin'
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Safari and haven't had the problem, FWIW. And you can empty the Safari cache by just clicking on it at top of screen and selecting Empty Cache from the drop down menu. As for Kaspersky, I never heard of it, but I haven't heard of a lot of things...
    Last edited by annekat; 01-02-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you gain by emptying the Cache? I also run Safari on a Mac.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a Mac, you don't gain much as Macs clean up easily and the OS is as clean as there is out there. On a PC, 'clutter' gets kept in cache, so it needs clearing...used to do mine once a week, but have gone Mac now...not as much clean up to do. I do clean out Safari tho at least once a week. A clear cache essentially means better speed, until it gets loaded up again! Ha!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lilly, you also mentioned Windows 7 in your post, along with MacBook Air and Safari. I understand there are versions of Windows or Internet Explorer for Macs, that can be used on them, and wonder if that's what you are doing when this happens.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12