Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of strength

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties Barbara. I hope they'll find a way to help you recover the lost strength.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara, I don't know if you are in the hosp yet or not but I pray they will find something that will help you and get you kidneys inproving.Just keep thiniking that your horse is home waiting for you and maybe that will bring you some joy when you are down
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    Hi Barbara, Yes I've had the loss of strength in my legs most noticeably. I haven't had them give out on me, but they feel weak. The latest episode was when I took a 30 minute walk before the holidays started. Wish I knew if it was caused by meds or the disease, I'll be checking with my Rheumy in Jan. Please share if you figure it out and I'll do the same.
    I have been lowering my dose of Pred5 mg a week. It was the day went from20 to 15 that I l,ost strength so the doctor put me back up to 20 and I feel great so I guess it was the pred.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Barbara, I don't know if you are in the hosp yet or not but I pray they will find something that will help you and get you kidneys inproving.Just keep thiniking that your horse is home waiting for you and maybe that will bring you some joy when you are down
    Thanks Debbie, they are going to put me in hospital for a few days and remove the potassium from my system then something to flush out the toxins, it is all they can do since my veins are in such bad shape. I can't have dialysis either. I hope I can get RTX and maybe go into remission. My horse keeps me going and exercising all, the time. I cant wait until it is light out so I can go feed and I try to ride or work her from the ground, every day. There is something so magic about that horse, I just love her so much, she really keeps me going. You take care, Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Has anyone had loss of strength in the legs or torso? My legs have been giving out and I am falling a lot and I don't have any strength in my arms or upper torso. This has never happened to me before, normally <i am a very strong person. I would love some feedback. Barbara
    Hi - I was diag in July 2013 after 10 days in hospital I lost 1.5 stone and weak as a kitten - large amounts of Steroids over next few months weakened my muscles so now am having physiotherapy on back and legs (hamstrings) and doing gentle exercises (planks) and 2 kg dumbells for arms also core work for abs --- still very weak and cant lift much due to torn lower back muscles -- get lots of rest and eat lots of raw fruit and vegetables stay off meat and dairy both are inflammatory which enables you to reduce the steroids which damage your muscles (google side effects)
    all best
    Stephen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    I have been lowering my dose of Pred5 mg a week. It was the day went from20 to 15 that I l,ost strength so the doctor put me back up to 20 and I feel great so I guess it was the pred.
    Glad you're feeling better and it was the meds. Come to think of it mine happened about the same time I ended up in the ER becuz my lungs tightened up. Increasing pred helped me too. Mine happened going from 15 to 10. *sigh* Good luck with the hospital stay. Thinking about you.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephwest View Post
    Hi - I was diag in July 2013 after 10 days in hospital I lost 1.5 stone and weak as a kitten - large amounts of Steroids over next few months weakened my muscles so now am having physiotherapy on back and legs (hamstrings) and doing gentle exercises (planks) and 2 kg dumbells for arms also core work for abs --- still very weak and cant lift much due to torn lower back muscles -- get lots of rest and eat lots of raw fruit and vegetables stay off meat and dairy both are inflammatory which enables you to reduce the steroids which damage your muscles (google side effects)
    all best
    Stephen
    That was very informative. I am a vegetarian but I didn't know about the dairy products.This came on suddenly and left just as fast so it had to be the change in Pred. I will google the side effects because I have so little kidney that is functioning, the more I can help it the better.Thank you for the advice. Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lost strength

I am feeling much better now. I was tapering my prednesone and when I went from 20 to 15 that is when I lost strength ,so I am back on 20 and I feel great. So I guess it was the steroids. I will keep an eye on it though. Thanks, Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Barbara.
    so nice to hear from you I am glad you are feeling better and riding your horse.
    I am glad that the pred is helping. pred is def one of our best friends.
    good luck with you stay at the hospital. please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12