Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes, I was on CTX for quite awhile, maybe 8 months, maybe more, not sure. I look forward to hearing how this goes for you, Debra, and really hope it is nothing to be alarmed about.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,

I'm sorry that you have to worry about this, seems that she is right on top of things. It is better that it is checked out and that she will be very attentive to what could be a problem. Wishing all the best with the results and I know it will be alright. Take care!
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not be real alarmed at this point. Changes to the bladder from Cytoxan are not uncommon- cancer is much more uncommon.
    36 years ago I was on Cytoxan for close to two years and had bleeding from my bladder and was then forced to quit the Cytoxan. Good news is I had remission at that point.

Many years later I had several months more of Cytoxan. It caused me intense bladder pain , presumably from the old Cytoxan damage, until I used Mesna ( and several herb supplements shown to protect the bladder against Cytoxan in mice. I'm not a mouse but I thought it couldn't hurt). The Mesna was really incredible. It protected my bladder so well I never felt the slightest pain.

The moral of my story is- some bladder trouble is possible but cancer is much more unlikely.

Hoping for the best has served me better than fearing the worst- although it is much easier to say than do.
    Take care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ya'll for the concern,but I am not going to worry about it. If there's one thing I've learned from this disease ( and in life ) that if it's gonna happen it will and there's nothing worrying about it will change. I will let ya'll know what the results are. Until then ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS !!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234