Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lola24 View Post
    Hi there! I absolutely love the Cleveland Clinic!! I see Dr. Villa-Forte and she is absolutely wonderful and truly cares about her patients. I live in Michigan and it's about a 5 1/2 hour drive there and another 5 1/2 back. However, I have received the best treatment there. There was not one doctor in the state of Michigan who could diagnose or properly treat me. After 3 years of being extremely sick, in and out of hospitals, having multiple surgeries and nearing my own death, I was desperate for help and decided to go out of state to the Cleveland Clinic. After spending over three hours with me, I left there with a treatment plan and most of all, I left there with hope and confidence that my health was in the care of someone who is extremely knowledgeable about this disease. I would strongly recommend the Cleveland Clinic and this specific doctor with your husband's health care. Whatever you decide to do, I hope that your husband finds a good and caring doctor that meets all of his health care needs as he travels down his road to recovery. Good luck to you both and I wish you the best.
    welcome to the Forum, Lola if and when you feel like, you are invited to tell us more about you. (you can start new thread at the "new members introduction").
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all,
    My rheumatologist has raised the possibility of sending me to Cleveland Clinic for further evaluation and confirmation of the current treatment plan (15 mg prednisone, Methotrexate, and RTX every 6 months after my initial 4 doses in December 2013). I was diagnosed with Wegener's in November 2013 and I have a lot of intracranial involvement - severe dural thickening, inflammatory mass extending to skull base and cerebellum, and a couple of blood clots just to make things more exciting. I know a lot of people on the forum recommend Dr. Villa-Forte but I'm curious if anyone is aware of other docs at Cleveland who work more specifically with WG patients with cranial involvement - I still have daily head pain, hearing loss, and balance issues related to the mass effect in my head. Supposedly I'm in medically induced remission but I feel like I'm teetering on the edge of a flare as my CRP has been rising recently as my prednisone dose has been decreasing. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry you are going thru such a bad time with this. I go the Clinic and see Dr. Gary Hoffman,he is a rheumy but it sounds to me that you also may need to see a neurologist. Maybe you can make in appt. to see them both the same day. Good luck and keep us updated .
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Debra about trying to see a rheumatologist and a neurologist on the same visit. I see Dr Villa Forte and am very pleased with her.

You may want to talk to your doc about returning your pred dosage to the last dosage at which you were free of symptoms.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consultation with some experts is always desirable. The clinic can help you determine who is most suited for your needs but also do your own research. One of the Weg experts can advise on who else might be appropriate for you to see at their clinic. Get an appointment with one and then send your case file to them and ask about getting a dual appointment with who ever else they advise.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an appt at the Clinic on Sept. 10th. Just wondering if anyone else was going up there then,we could meet up !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the clinic?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Where is the clinic?
    Cleveland Clinic is known locally and colloquially as "the clinic".
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure wish I lived close by, then I could meet all you nice folk.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish you did too Phil !!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast