Thread: A reminder regarding notifications

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default A reminder regarding notifications

Hi peeps
    Just reminding everyone that when you get a notification of a reply to a thread or a private message that it's a notification only. Don't reply to the email because it just goes to me. You need to log back into the site to reply. This is particularly relevant to private messages. I've received a few just today. I delete them straight away because they're....well....private but I'd like for the intended recipient to get the message

So - please don't reply to email notifications you get from the site - come to the site to reply.

Any questions/suggestions let me know!
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, andrew, we can count on you even with the "unexpected"...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry Xmas Andrew, keep up the great work, if you ever get up to northern N.S.W., drop in and I will keep that glass full for you. all the best to you and you family.

Regards Woz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks Woz! I'll be up as far as Karuah (near Tea Gardens) next weekend if you're anywhere near there. Although I don't think that classifies as Northern NSW
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't the notification be configured to an email address that doesn't exist? So that the user would get a notification that the email wasn't delivered and you wouldn't be bombarded with needless private messages.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    Couldn't the notification be configured to an email address that doesn't exist? So that the user would get a notification that the email wasn't delivered and you wouldn't be bombarded with needless private messages.
    I just KNEW you'd ask that I can only configure one email address for VBulletin so it has to be one that I can access for new signups and the contact form. So the email address that these notifications come from is that one.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might be able to redirect emails from here tho within your own program????? Maybe to a spam folder or whatever...hmmmm
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am glad you guys know what you are talking about. I understood what you first said Andrew about the pm's but what you and Don and Wege got going on is another thing

Hope you have a great holiday.And Happy New Year. Doesn't it happen over there first ???
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the International Date Line is just east of Australia and the sun orbits the earth from east to west so Australia will see the New Year before NA will.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003