Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTX Injection Reactions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MTX Injection Reactions?

Has anyone had any weird reactions to MTX injections?

I'm trying to get in to see my rheumy this week (had a bit of a phone war with her assistant today) because I am not any better.

I DREADED giving myself my injection today because I'm still not feeling good. I didn't want it to be worse! The last time I remember feeling my halfway decent-ness was before my last injection however I'd had a sore throat for a week before that and with the flu floating around work I didn't know if it finally just hit me.

I keep getting dizzy, I feel SO run down, I have trouble walking without wanting desperately to go lie down (we are not talking long distances here), I get nauseous from being dizzy, I could sleep all day if I had the time.

Has anyone else ever had this kind of reaction?

I need to take a few weeks off, I wonder if my doctor would make that happen ....
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't help with the injections as I'm on tablets...but, I was terribly tired at first from mtx despite the pred. Could be just your reaction to it, but it sounds similar to my early reactions to it. It went away as body began to tolerate it better.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been on MTX since August, this is the WORST I've felt in a long time. Without the sinus crap, this is the worst I've felt all year. Like I literally feel unsafe driving, I feel like an unsafe dispatcher being here at work. I'm stuttering, I'm mixing up words.
    I really am quite miserable again. I hesitate to go to the ER because I don't feel this is exactly considered a 'life threatening' emergency. Doing what I do for a living makes me pause before doing that.
    I don't know ... I am quite distressed about all of it.

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may not have anything to do with your injections.

I don't think you need your doctor to tell you that you need to take some time off - I think you already know the answer to that.
    You just need him to write the note.

It is possible that it is a flu type virus that you have caught.......or possibly you are flaring.

Have you had any bloods done lately?

I hope you start to feel better quickly, so that you can enjoy the festive season
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I've been thinking and worrying about you. I take the MTX tabs, like Don. If you've been on the injections since August, but have only been feeling a lot worse lately, I'd tend to doubt it is from those. I would tend to suspect stress more than anything, and the fact that you are probably constantly fighting off bugs that are floating around at work. It sounds like if you can still work at all, you are doing a good of of fighting them off, but it is all getting to be just too much, and if there is any way you could get time off, I think that would work wonders for you.

I'm going through a period of extreme fatigue myself, and had a little Wegs rash on my forearm, which went away, and I'm not having night sweats or anything, so I don't think I'm flaring. But I know that stress is getting to me. I have four days left of the Farmers Market and must crank to produce new pottery between now and then, since I'll have no income for a couple weeks after that. I know that I will probably spend Christmas asleep for the most part. I think that this must pale in comparison to the stress you are under with that job. I really hope you are able to get a break and some relief soon!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you feel that badly, it IS life threatening in that it is changing the way you feel and act, especially at work it appears. Personally, I think you're headed to rtx if the mtx isn't helping you. Nothing to mess with kiddo, quit being demanding and tough on yourself...get thee back to the doc...the right doc. Hang in there, you'll get thru this.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, I had a reaction to MTX that put me in the hospital for a week on the ventilator.

I started MTX in June 2012 and took it until end of Aug - about 12 weeks. I felt terrible, but the key thing was I was having difficulty breathing. Like major difficulty. I remember complaining of it and my family doc telling me that it was probably just from the wegeners (as my breathing was bad prior to MTX, too) but I felt it was worse. However, she knows that I can be paranoid.

However, at the end I was gasping for breath and landed in the ER hooked up to all kinds of stuff. I don't remember that week well. I just remember being transferred to my Rheumy's hospital and him telling me that I was "really sick" and told me not to take anymore MTX. I asked him why and he pretty much said that if I take it again it could kill me. I have been on imuran ever since, which works better and less side effects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I am backed into a corner. I'll admit, my hesitation to go to the doctor comes from still reeling from how I was treated at the beginning of all of this. I'm hesitant for them to say there is nothing wrong, etc. My doctor is in San Rafael, CA which is about a 40 minute drive from my local hospital. Would they listen to me if I tell them, "hey look, I've got this disease, I take these meds"
    I had a rough night of sleep last night, so today I am worse worse worse. I thought I was going to have to pull over on the way to work.
    I just sort of feel like there's "nothing wrong" and I should stick it out. But ... then again, that's my usual way of thinking. I watched my Dad fight Alpha-1 Anti-tripsyn deficiency and lung cancer so whenever I got sick, I was like "Well, I'm better than he is and he's dealing with it" so I'd just keep trucking.
    I know I need to let go of this mentality.
    I know I need to work less.
    Alas, I feel like I need to keep moving .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    I know I need to let go of this mentality.
    I know I need to work less.
    Alas, I feel like I need to keep moving .........
    These are not mutually exclusive choices. I hope you can make good progress on all three.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Nikki,
    I think that you should listen to yourself and to your body and believe to what you sense. if you do it, then it will be easier to tell it to the docs.
    The docs must listen to you and believe you.
    don't give up. it is time to do something. it is too long that you are suffering so much.
    sending you lots of hugs and my praying. take care.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast