Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "All good news"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "All good news"

I had my periodic appointment with Dr Villa Forte at Cleveland Clinic today. She said my most recent flare that began in August is almost a thing of the past. My labs are either normal or trending toward normal. My lungs are clear and vitals are good. My ears and sinuses are stable. The blood in the urine, after microscopic examination, shows that the cells are "shells" indicating the flare is in the past. Rituximab rocks!

I asked her what indicators she was zeroing in on in my case. Creatinine, eGFR (measure of kidney filtration effectiveness), sed rate, and C-RP. She said that because these indicators are either normal or trending that way, the flare is pretty much over, and I'm trending toward remission.

I asked about the bloody crusting and nosebleeds. She said the inside of my nose shows damage from GPA. It's also very dry, so she prescribed the Clinic's proprietary nasal ointment (no antibiotic in it) and use of a neti-pot rinse daily.

The pred taper will continue at 5 mg/wk down to 20 (2 more weeks to there), then 2.5 mg/wk down to 10. Once I'm at 10, we'll discuss the rate from there on down.

My doctor, my wife, and I are very pleased with my progress. I'm blessed!
    Last edited by Pete; 12-14-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good news ... that is great news!!! I wish I could give you a big ol' hug! Keep going in the right direction!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd hug ya too, but it wouldn't be the same I guess! EXCELLENTE Senor!!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news!!!! We are on the same taper schedule and I go back to CCF in Janurary. I pray I have the same results as you!

Butwhat a great way to spend these cold winter days/nights....worry free. Enjoy time with your family and keep us posted on your progress!

Sheila
    fellow ohio WG
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is wonderful news!! So glad to hear Rituxan is doing it's job and things are going well!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to hear Pete.Hope you have a wonderful holiday with that little baby and the rest of your family
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugs from me, too! I'm so glad things are going the way we all hope for, for all of us!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going for hugs is great in those cold days
    great news rtx is a miracle. I hope that you will continue your improvement....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a wonderful Christmas present Pete. What better way to spend the holiday.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Pete, enjoy your holidays.
    Dale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast