Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweating, Not Sleeping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sweating, Not Sleeping

Hi Everyone, was wondering if anyone has had a problem with sweating and not sleeping. I wake up almost every morning between 3-4 sweating (not soaking the sheets but head is soaking). Can't go back to sleep. Now, I have started to sweat during the day. I can't take it anymore. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I can't help you on this one. Have you mentioned it to your doc? Could be the meds or may even be a touch of a virus--flu ??? Don't know but I hope you find the answer and feel better soon. If not you can always come to Ohio..it's freezing here
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night sweats are a symptom of a Wegener's flare, or one trying to happen. They happened to me right before my initial diagnosis, and again when I had a fairly minor flare about a year and a half later. However, this could be from other things, not the least of which is menopause! Getting them in the daytime as well as at night makes me think of that. If you don't think it's that, and it keeps bothering you, I'd watch for other symptoms and see your doc for a blood test to see if your inflammation markers have gone up.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy64 View Post
    Hi Everyone, was wondering if anyone has had a problem with sweating and not sleeping. I wake up almost every morning between 3-4 sweating (not soaking the sheets but head is soaking). Can't go back to sleep. Now, I have started to sweat during the day. I can't take it anymore. Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks
    I had night sweats a couple of years ago, mainly the head. Figured out that when I went to sleep hugging a pillow with the covers pulled up tight, it apparently held in the heat and I would wake up about an hour and half later with my pillow soaked. Now I start out with no covers on and add them as needed. It stopped the night sweating for the most part. I had slept that way for some years with no problems, but think that is when this current episode began.

I also sweat profusely during the day mostly from my head. It is very annoying as it really screws up the hairdo (not to sound vain or anything, lol.) My hair gets frizzy. At any rate the current meds seem to make it worse as I have to keep the AC at 72-73 to feel comfortable. I got a med from my Dermatologist that helps somewhat, but has a side effect of dry mouth. I went through menopause sometime ago, but of course it could still be attributed to low estrogen I suppose. If you figure something out let me know as it drives me bonkers at times too.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting about sweating from the head. I can't recall that happening, either with menopause or with Wegs sweats. My sweats have been more concentrated around my shoulders and back, I think. Although maybe accompanied by some lightheadedness.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windchime View Post
    I had night sweats a couple of years ago, mainly the head. Figured out that when I went to sleep hugging a pillow with the covers pulled up tight, it apparently held in the heat and I would wake up about an hour and half later with my pillow soaked. Now I start out with no covers on and add them as needed. It stopped the night sweating for the most part. I had slept that way for some years with no problems, but think that is when this current episode began.

I also sweat profusely during the day mostly from my head. It is very annoying as it really screws up the hairdo (not to sound vain or anything, lol.) My hair gets frizzy. At any rate the current meds seem to make it worse as I have to keep the AC at 72-73 to feel comfortable. I got a med from my Dermatologist that helps somewhat, but has a side effect of dry mouth. I went through menopause sometime ago, but of course it could still be attributed to low estrogen I suppose. If you figure something out let me know as it drives me bonkers at times too.
    Yes, it is just my head. I live in Boston where it is 20 degrees right now. I sleep with the window open every night. My husband freezes. I just got down to 10 mg of pred but I don't think it's that because it was happening before that. And I'm with you with the hair. Looks great when I leave the house but when I get to work, ugh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was sweating quite a bunch when I was on higher pred doses (60mg or so) and would shower twice a day, granted it was summer but not too hot here in Scandinavia.
    Now I'm on 15mg and do sweat a lot easier (my armpits get annoyingly sweaty especially when stressed) and I think I sweat more after going to the gym.

Not really experiencing sweating similar to you though.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had night sweat when my wg was very active. sweat was all over.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since my failed attempt to get off pred completely,i got down to 1mg then hit a wall,the night sweats have returned and I'm having trouble sleeping.it was a cold day today here in Liverpool but at one point I had to take my coat off as I was sweating enough to soak my shirt.my rheumy has put me back on 4mgs but if things don't improve i'll have to pay her another visit.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wegetarian View Post
    I was sweating quite a bunch when I was on higher pred doses (60mg or so) and would shower twice a day, granted it was summer but not too hot here in Scandinavia.
    Now I'm on 15mg and do sweat a lot easier (my armpits get annoyingly sweaty especially when stressed) and I think I sweat more after going to the gym.

Not really experiencing sweating similar to you though.
    My night sweats with need to change pj's and bedding also happened when i was on high dose of pred. My Wegs was also probably not in remission at that time either and I very likely also had infections at those times that caused Wegs to flare up.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast