Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sweating, Not Sleeping

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, night sweats requiring a change of bed clothes are a symptom of very active GPA. I find I generally sweat more with less active disease than before. I suspect I sweat because my body is over insulated with pred pounds of fat I didn't have before I got sick.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    For me, night sweats requiring a change of bed clothes are a symptom of very active GPA. I find I generally sweat more with less active disease than before. I suspect I sweat because my body is over insulated with pred pounds of fat I didn't have before I got sick.
    I'm with Pete with this one. Before my diagnosis, I soaked the sheets every night with the night horrible sweats. Once the disease was less active, the night sweats stopped. I haven't had them since initial treatment--not even during this recent flare up.

MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    I'm with Pete with this one. Before my diagnosis, I soaked the sheets every night with the night horrible sweats. Once the disease was less active, the night sweats stopped. I haven't had them since initial treatment--not even during this recent flare up.MikeG-2012
    Me, too... very active night sweats right before diagnoses and treatment. Had some with my minor to moderate flare a year ago, but not like the original ones; if anything, they were a helpful sign that I was indeed flaring.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG! Night sweats more than I can say ... I often wake up having to change clothes and sheets. My hair is so wet that is looks like I just got out of the shower! As for sleeping, that is a luxury that I haven't experienced in literally years! I do good to get 2-3 hours of uninterrupted sleep at night due to the effects of prednisone and/or pain issues from my WG's. I stay so exhausted all the time and long for the days when I use to be able to sleep a good solid 8 hours each night; but that has been a long time. When all else fails, I take multiple long hot baths during the night to help me relax.
    Hang in there my Wegie friend ... there is hope at the end of the rainbow!
    Auntie TooToo ~ diagnosed {finally} 4/2013

“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although no official WG diagnosis yet have had 3 positive ANCA test since an eye problem in Oct. 2013. I do have sleep issues waking up 3-4 times a night and not being able to get back to sleep. I also sweat terribly when other people beside me are chilled and I awake sometimes with night sweats My usual body temp. is 97.7. So far I have no major symptoms of active Wegener's but from what I've read this could just mean I'm in the early stages. Have to wait and see. I hope all goes well with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OJSRLS View Post
    Although no official WG diagnosis yet have had 3 positive ANCA test since an eye problem in Oct. 2013. I do have sleep issues waking up 3-4 times a night and not being able to get back to sleep. I also sweat terribly when other people beside me are chilled and I awake sometimes with night sweats My usual body temp. is 97.7. So far I have no major symptoms of active Wegener's but from what I've read this could just mean I'm in the early stages. Have to wait and see. I hope all goes well with you.
    For me, the night sweats did not really appear until things got bad in my lungs right before diagnosis. So, a couple of years of undiagnosed "smoldering" Wegs without the night sweats, unless I had some that I thought were menopausal hot flashes! Having trouble remembering back that far.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12