Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Leg Cramps ALL NIGHT LONG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I have real bad lag pains too. From my knees down and it moves from one leg to the other. But sometimes my pains are different. Sometimes they are cramps and then sometimes its sharp pains and then sometimes its like there trying to draw up...? The cramps are from my meth. im pretty sure it is anyway... im not sure yet about the drawing up... but the sharp pains is the WG.. Or thats what they told me in the hospital when i first started hurting..... anybody else know??
    Summer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to get leg cramps but not this bad. I too take B12, with B6 and folic acid. I have not had leg cramps for a while now even when I am streching.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to leg cramps, I also would get muscle cramps anywhere-- hands, ribcage when twisting, etc.... Even off pred, it's a sign to me that I'm overdoing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sumsum5587 View Post
    Hi,

I have real bad lag pains too. From my knees down and it moves from one leg to the other. But sometimes my pains are different. Sometimes they are cramps and then sometimes its sharp pains and then sometimes its like there trying to draw up...? The cramps are from my meth. im pretty sure it is anyway... im not sure yet about the drawing up... but the sharp pains is the WG.. Or thats what they told me in the hospital when i first started hurting..... anybody else know??
    yes, this is exactly what I get. same thing. its horrible. and you cant stop them! ahhh! it has to be the prednisone. I have to call my doc tomorrow, she wasnt in today, and ask about this B12. Im starting to think more and more it will help as long as im taking the pred. I also started eating more meat- I used to eat alot of meat but for some reason lately its been mostly grains and veggies. That link that doug posted said how you absorb B12 from meat, so i started yesterday having at least a serving of fish AND chicken everyday. Last night I had 3 cramps, but they immediately eased up when i stood up. today ive had some muscle tightness but we'll see what tonight holds. I did have some salmon and chicken again, so if this helps, then I know its the B12. I found some B12 lozenges at the store, ive heard they work better than tablets, so if the doc says it may help Im going to get them. If the meat helps, well ill just eat more meat. I guess Vegans have to take a B12 supplement- I could never be vegan. lol.

so we shall see what tomorrow holds. other than the cramping, i actually had a good feeling day. been in a good mood. had energy. kind of suprised me. foot pain all day of course, but thats normal now. lol.
    Georgia In Ohio... On a Mission for Remission!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    In addition to leg cramps, I also would get muscle cramps anywhere-- hands, ribcage when twisting, etc.... Even off pred, it's a sign to me that I'm overdoing it.

I noticed this as well. Today I shampooed my carpet and half way thru my side was hurting like it did back in the good ol days of gym class when we had to run around the gym like idiots! LOL ah, good times.
    Georgia In Ohio... On a Mission for Remission!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oi Georgia take care and do not overdo it.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second that, Georgia! It's the pred. It makes you feel you can lift cars.

I was so weak from everything else while I was on it, that I didn't really overdo. I was closer to death than life for at least a year. But I was still aware of the pred's attempts at making me feel like Wonder Woman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would these cramps be because of lowered pottasioum levels? Maybe eating bananas would help?
    I used to get terribleleg cramps, but none since starting the pred and mxt?
    Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My body is like an entity of its own, whenever I need some vitamin or mineral it just craves whatever is rich in the substance. Like now I eat banannas and tamatos like crazy - I never had cravings with any of my pregnancies and here its like I must have it or else, so i just give in and eat what my body tells me. it is always right.
    Jolanta

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    My body is like an entity of its own, whenever I need some vitamin or mineral it just craves whatever is rich in the substance. Like now I eat banannas and tamatos like crazy - I never had cravings with any of my pregnancies and here its like I must have it or else, so i just give in and eat what my body tells me. it is always right.
    I can understand the craving I've had for peanuts, but what do chocolate chip cookies have to do with it? You are right, though. Your body does tend to lead you to the foods it needs. (P.S. the cookies were oatmeal chocolate chip cookies....)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast