Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Leg Cramps ALL NIGHT LONG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sympathise with your position as I'm finding myself doing less work and watching more TV. My diminishing abilities are particularly evident at the moment because I am spending a week on my own while the girls are off to Rhodes for a holiday (I'm not really fit enough to travel abroad). Even small tasks are now becoming dificult - food shopping is a major expedition for me. Vacuuming the house is something I'm building up to and may tackle today. On top of this, one of my rabbits is unwell and I'm feeling the strain of coping.

In order to get by, I have to be kind to myself. I force myself to do things that I know will make me feel better like getting up in the morning and eating, but give myself some leeway with extra naps and putting off doing chores.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have a great attitude, Jack. I know it's more difficult for you when your family is away. I imagine just having others in the house to think about keeps your mind distracted from your own stuff. If I didn't have my dogs and bird, I'd be left with....me.

Take good care of yourself and take care of the bunny. Everything else-- like cleaning-- is secondary. I mean, if they come home and find you under a layer of dust bunnies, so what?

Doug Guest

Dust bunnies from "oh well"...!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had the same issue the whole entire time I was on methotrexate. It started almost immediately when I began taking the methotrexate and prednisone. I am still on the prednisone but they went away when I stopped the methotrexate. A lot of problems stopped when I quit taking it. I am not sure what you are taking for wegeners but if its the methotrexate, then its probably what is causing your "leg cramps". i would constantly have to stretch my whole body. when i tried to sleep, my legs actually ached so bad it was almost unbearable. I would just keep stretching them over and over. I asked the doc if it was that medication and he said no. He was wrong.

I live in NH in a camp beside a small river
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, the methotrexate is terrible for leg cramps, wish there was an alternate. I get cramps all night long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell me that, I just started my 6 pills per week regimen 2 weeks ago !!!
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, how's the bunny feeling?

Jolanta, I haven't heard that about mtx and leg cramps. Maybe it's not that common?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for enquiring Sangye, Amber is improving nicely even though she has been quite ill. She had Fly Strike and it was Sunday morning, so no vet available without a £150 call out charge. I decided to treat her myself because I already had antibiotics and anti-inflamatories suitable for rabbits and she was too unwell to stop me cleaning her up. It seemed a bit touch and go for a couple of days, but then she started a slow recovery.

If you don't know what Fly Strike is, you are probably happier leaving it that way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Too late, can't stop these Googling fingers....)

Poor bunny. How awful. Glad you knew what to do and got her on the mend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww poor Amber - one of my biggest fears for Barley is fly strike, not sure I'd be able to treat her at home though.
    Is it too early to call you Dr Dolittle?

Glad she's on the mend anyways

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast