Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Leg Cramps ALL NIGHT LONG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My other rabbit had it a couple of years ago, so I knew the treatment and was lucky to already have some suitable medication, otherwise I would have just had to find the money for the vet.
    I like to think that I keep good care of them, but they spend the daytime in a run out on the grass (moved from place to place) and where there are bunnies, there is poo and flies! I even treat them with a spray that is supposed to stop it, but perhaps I've been a bit lax. The important thing is to inspect them the moment you think anything may be wrong.

Do you think this thread is going off topic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah-- we're still talking about poop. That seems about right.

Doug Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Nah-- we're still talking about poop. That seems about right.
    Out of respect for you, I won't describe any bowels that move today...! (Or how much!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Jack, how's the bunny feeling?

Jolanta, I haven't heard that about mtx and leg cramps. Maybe it's not that common?
    Im guessing its not that common since when I first got the cramps or more like restless leg syndrome, i called him and he flat out said no way from the meds. Funny though. I stopped the meds and they went away and have not come back since. Then again, I AM one of those people that have the "rare" side effects from meds and side effects that are not even listed. Stopping the meds always makes them go away at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad its rare so I will not get them but already I am getting pain in my arms, mostly when folding laundry and keeping them up. I can only hope that I'm not slipping backwards. I can't see it as from lowering my pred because that happened almost 2 months ago now and I have been on 15 since then. The only change is the 2 doses of mtx
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default cramps

I had the same problem when my WG was active. My belief is that mine was primarily related to the Prednisone I was on. Once I got off of Pred, the problem went away. I also found that drinking Gatorade helped...but only made it slightly better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too get occasional leg cramps and I am on MXT. Hmmmmm I always thought it was the pred or my new exercises?

Nice to know.

Lisa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover View Post
    I too get occasional leg cramps and I am on MXT. Hmmmmm I always thought it was the pred or my new exercises?

Nice to know.

Lisa
    i have been tapering off the prednisone for 6 weeks. tomorrow is supposed to be my last day.. actually.. today. i see my doc tomorrow. I noticed the leg "cramps" went away with the mtx along with that "tired" feeling when holding anything.. at all, folding laundry..etc. like an overly tired wore out, did too much, type feeling. Now that i am almost off the prednisone, I have been a little worse the last few weeks. my legs and actually whole body ache like i have a fever too. i have this weird feeling that the doc will not only want me back on the pred.. but the mtx too. i wont take it. i refuse to. not til i can have fmla again at work which is not until mid november. i cant miss work or i get fired. unless i get too sick .. then i have no choice i guess. blah! i soooo hate all this crap

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember, if you slip back you have to go thru the whole regime from the beginning and for a longer time, it is far better to go off very very slowly and stay ahead of the pain. If you do get sick again you won't be able to go to work at all. So easy does it, the meds should have the time to do their work
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sangye, I'm a little late with this leg cramp stuff but lately I have been experiencing alot of cramps or muscle spasms. It's usually in might left calf, I have also had it in my right foot and left hand. I also get the occassional cramp in my lower left back when I lay down to go to sleep. I read ahead abit and was wondering if it is because of the preds. It seems like if I move in a little different way even slightly I end up with a cramp.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast