Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Imuran side-effects?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imuran side-effects?

Hey all, I am doing pretty well lately, wegs in under control, kidneys are doing a bit better. However, around in August I started experiencing some troubles focusing, blurry vision. I recently saw the Ophthalmologist and they discovered my optic nerves were swelling. Trying to diagnose why now but I got to remembering and I started taking Imuron and right around that time my eyes started having issues. Now I know Imuron is used to treat Auto-Immune diseases and specifically to stop them from attacking the optic nerves but it seems fairly clear that my wegs is under control, no other symptoms - sinuses cleared right up, kidneys are recovering now, and this eye thing just started a few months ago. Now I have double vision and was just curious if anybody has seen a similar relationship between Imuran and Optic Neuritis?

Thanks

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you on prednisone still too?

I had issues with prednisone with my eyes, double vision (especially when laying down or trying to watch tv), eyes felt like they were popping out of my head, etc... However it took awhile to start. I still have a bit of blurry vision but it has improved greatly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have issues with my eyes too, but it actually started before I took any meds. After diagnosis and on 40mg prednisone it was a little better but still had double/blurry vision and a feeling of constant pressure. It did not get any better. When i started tapering the prednisone it stayed there until I got at 10mg per day when it all suddenly got worse again. I am now again on 20mg and hope it will get at least to the state where it was.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Just back from see the optical neurologists and here is the dump

Here is the dump on my eye issues
    My right eye has improved – noticeable vision improvements.
    The swelling of the right optic nerve is less (that was the only eye with swelling)
    A very noticeable cataract has developed over my left eye due to the prednisone
    There is a small nerve that controls the up and down eye movement and alignment - that nerve in my left eye has a palsy
    Course of action
    WRT swelling in the right optic nerve – wait it out and see what happens. She really feels it is a result of the Prednisone
    Left eye – we talked much about this but she is going to have me see a cataract surgeon
    Once the cataract is course of action is decided and healed (if surgery) then we will address the palsy if it is still present by then
    The palsy is what is causing the double vision along with the cataract

She said it is also HIGHLY likely the muscle loss I have felt is the result of the prednisone as well

BTW I had a spinal tap and it so far suggests no tumor, no MS and no infection - thus it is unlikely I have TB as earlier diagnosed.