Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prednisone Side Effect

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to hair. My did not show signs of thinning on the mxt until I had been on it for about 3-4 months. The texture did change almost right away though. Maybe it would have anyway? I am getting old (er)

coffee anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please. Strong, no sugar, plenty of milk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yes please. Strong, no sugar, plenty of milk.

Maybe a "skinney Latte" would suffice with double expresso?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good to me.

(Now that you have got me thinking about it, I'm going to have to go and make myself one!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a little late on the this conversation of hair, but I guess the only thing good about Preds (I am thinking it is because of preds) is that my hair seems to be a little thicker on top. I have always had thick hair in the back but started thinning on the top and front (family history) and being a female I have tried alot of products and styles. Now I seem to have a bit more hair on top, including the dreaded facial hair. I am on preds, cyclo and ritixan, the texture of my hair doesn't seem to have changed to much, maybe just a little dryer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on methotrexate from sept 2008 til may 2009 and almost done tapering off of the prednisone. In january, about half my hair thickness .. disappeared. my hair just came out from the roots and the rest broke off in the middle. I now have the "afro" effect in new hair growth. My chipmunk cheeks are gone now but not the 22 lbs i gained. Although i was 88lbs so it was needed. The hunger has tapered off as well. Ive been using Nioxin shampoo, and the rest of the steps it has and it seemed to help right away in helping hair grow back pretty fast. It helped a lot a few years ago when I got poisoned and lost a lot of hair back then too. it grew back the thickest ever so i am hoping for the same response this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started on mtx, cyclo has thinned my hair but not that much already, so i am hoping mtx willnot do the rest.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jola57 View Post
    I just started on mtx, cyclo has thinned my hair but not that much already, so i am hoping mtx willnot do the rest.
    my hair is definitly drier than ever but i have found nioxin which was recommended by a few hair "dressers"? what do they call them now. anyway... its a little high on price but not too bad and REALLY worth it. i have been poisoned and had my hair break off all over diff lengths and fall out at the roots. i used that and it grew back thicker then ever in my life. it was great til i got on methotrexate and prednisone. after 4 ish months of that stuff, my hair broke off and again fell out at the roots. i still have hair. in fact... it doesnt look that thin but to me.. it sucks. i can see the spots that are super thin and where it broke off in the middle of my back higher then the rest. i am again using nioxin and already have almost two inches of new "frizzy" hair.. but hey, its hair lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ready to try anything. Maybe I can find some here if not I will take a trip to Bellingham. My hair is getting quite frizzy now and babyfine. At least its not falling out quite as much as before.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker View Post

my hair is definitly drier than ever but i have found nioxin
    I had recently heard this same thing.

I had that perm put in and my frizzy, thinning hair looks at least a bit more like it is supposed to. Nioxin next

Good advice
    Lisa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123