Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking In

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Checking In

Sorry I haven't been on as much lately. It looks like there is a bunch of new folks that have joined /waves

Anyway, I seem to be doing well, and that probably has a big impact on not keeping up...in spite of me thinking it wouldn't I recently had pulmonary rehab, and that really helped me to discover my breathing issues with excertion, and if I pay attention to how I'm supposed to breath I am able to exercise fairly normally. Albeit it is going to take a while to recover the strength I've lost.

I wanted to just check in, and let you know I still think about you folks regularly
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, I've been out of the loop for a while also but I do lurk once in awhile. I get so tired so easy anymore. I have been thru rehab twice now and I was asked by my new pulmo last year if I would do another stint but its just too far to drive 2 or 3 days a week and gas is high. I know what I have to do but the lungs aren't cooperating. Stay well!
    Last edited by Tom; 11-27-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was starting to wonder about you, Bob. Glad to read that everything is going ok. How's the new job going?

Have a nice Thanksgiving!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI Bob,

I'm one of the new ones but I'm in OHIO! Just wanted to say I'm glad your doing well and look forward to meeting you at the next Ohio group!
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep up the good work, I have also been a little quiet lately, things seem to be going well for me as well, so far (fingers crossed), all the best for the future, don't forget, there is only a few sleeps until Santa arrives, so I hope you have been good?

Regards Woz. We''ll be friends till we are old and senile........and then we'll be new friends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, there are a few of you Ohio'ians out there........something in the water over your way ?

So glad that things are looking up for you Bob and extra nice to hear from you.

Hopefully the New Year brings some wonderful health changes for you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for checking in, Bob! It's always nice to hear that someone is doing pretty well. There are some other members we haven't heard from in awhile, and I hope some of them will post with an update soon! There are two in Oz I can think of right off the bat, and one or two in the UK, and I'm sure there are some elsewhere that aren't coming to mind immediately but will as soon as I submit this post!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Feeling bad' !!

I've not checked in for a long time either

Happy to report that since I managed to get the RTX and within four months, my head has got rid of the constant 'fog', Pred is down to 2mg(from 15mg) and will be reducing again soon, feeling much better overall, still fat but face thining and I am begining to get more energy. I was a runner but not able to run over the past 4 years but am now slowly building up my strength on the treadmill.
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Bob, Hammy, so nice to see your words. I too have been off busy with everything under the sun, but lurk from time to time. I'm so happy to hear you're both doing so well.

I'm at 1.75mg of pred and about to drop another .25. I learned my lesson on pred dropping from Sangye, and my doc is very cautious. We don't do RTX unless I'm really in trouble and we wean slowly. I read in a paper she passed to me that with each flare it is more difficult to go back to remission, so we are avoiding flaring like we avoid the plague. Conservative baby steps.

My GP also wanted to put me on a puffer because my lung function tests aren't so great, but I want to avoid adding stuff to the mix. I took a breathing course about two months ago, and you do this special breathing technique for about a half an hour each day (that I've fallen behind a week or so because of how busy life is) but I think that has helped me a ton. Art of Living Course | The Art Of Living Canada and there is some solid science backing up some of the claims that Sudarshian Kria makes. Here's one example... Genetic Evidence of Yoga?s Impact on the Immune System | The Art Of Living Canada I have more but they're on my other computer.

I miss you guys, I miss laughing together and learning together and getting back to normal together.

Speaking of normal, yesterday I managed to put my wedding ring back on after three years off my finger due to pred swelling. I'm so stoked.

Hugs and hugs and hugs.

marta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Marta, bet your husband is stoked too Mind you, you'll have to tone down the 'flirting' with the ring on and stop remember to remove it when hitting the singles bars

I understand your caution with the pred. Before RTX, I would blow up every time i tried to get under 10mg, but with it, it is going down easily (Famous last words!) with no bad affects at all.

Take care. xx
    Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Jim Carrey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast