Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Respiratory Exerciser

Hi,
    the story and the product:

last week my dad fell and fractured 3 ribs. he was at the hospital 4 days and then he came back home. he has a lots of pains and also his breathing is tough. his docs gave him this product to excerise.

it looks like a game. he have to take a deep breath, sustain and then exhale. he can do it at a low rate or higher, pushing above the balls:1, 2 or 3. he says that it helps him to breath much better. also clears his airways.

here is a link
    Respiratory Exerciser, Respiratory Exerciser with 3 Balls

I add a pic.

the odd thing in the story was the question where and how he fell. he didn't want to tell us, but today he admitted to me that he went to the cemetery to buy a grave for himself and for my mom (he is 78 yo but in good shape) and then he went down to the grave to check if it is big enough and then he fell.
    I told him to thank God that he was in his grave and came back from it...brrrrrrrr

Last edited by Alysia; 11-24-2013 at 10:03 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why he didn't want to tell anyone....falling in your own grave is prettyweird..but why was a hole already dug ?? I up he heals quickly. I have one of the breathing machines also but mine only has a ball,haven't used it in a LONG time but it will help his breathing so he doesn't get pnuemonia. How you you doing these days,do are you still alot, I love your cartoons.Which website did you find that at ?? Give a gentle hug for your Dad for me
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I can understand why he didn't want to tell anyone....falling in your own grave is prettyweird..but why was a hole already dug ?? I up he heals quickly. I have one of the breathing machines also but mine only has a ball,haven't used it in a LONG time but it will help his breathing so he doesn't get pnuemonia. How you you doing these days,do are you still alot, I love your cartoons.Which website did you find that at ?? Give a gentle hug for your Dad for me
    thanks Debra
    did this machine help you ?
    the cartoons are from bitstrips in facebook. if you don't find it write to me on fb and I will help you.
    I am still "fighting" my germs it seems that I can already call them "mine" because they refuse to go...
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just re-read my response and I sure did make alot of typing mistakes Yea, the machine builds up your lungs, hope the both of you are feeling better
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I just re-read my response and I sure did make alot of typing mistakes
    you can always edit your response... it is below ....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope dad doing ok after that crazy incident. he must be quite uncomfortable my dad used that breathing apparatus but i was constantly telling him it only works if u use it!!!
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13