User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Natural or Homeopathic Remedies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's very important to get your spine adjusted by a chiropractor regularly. The spine houses a large part of the central nervous system. If there's a misalignment in the vertebrae, the exiting spinal nerves will send and receive aberrant messages to the entire body. One misalignment can cause havoc, even if it is not painful. Also, chiropractors will look at other areas like nutrition that our MDs are not trained in.

Acupuncture is also excellent, as it balances out chi.

For both, you must make sure to tell the provider not to do anything that deliberately stimulates the immune system. With Wegs that will spark a wildfire. You have to explain what I said in the beginning of this thread-- that Wegs is not like most other AI diseases. You can tell them that this came from a chiropractor with Wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you not flaring, since you got down on the prednisone. Keep a good eye on any joint pain, feeling more tire, or feverish....etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel a lot better. Was put on cytoxin after being in full flare. Have been able to get pred down now. Blood work is great just had leg cramps spasms. Had EMG this is where rthey found pinched nerve. I' m scared to go to the pain clinic don't want invasive treatment, but can't work this way. Either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was wondering whether anyone has heard of or has used New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels. When I was first diagnosed with RA I was continually told to try it, apparantly is way better than glucosamine and is so good can get those riddled with arthritic pain out of wheelchairs and walking with only mild pain.
    I personally have not tried it but the read ups are good, I just can't stomach shellfish of any kind.
    As I said, just wondering, would it work with those intermittent, travelling joint pains we get with WG

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow, a pain clinic can't do anything to resolve the cause of the pinched nerve. All they do is treat the pain. I suggest you see a chiropractor to correct the cause.

mishb, I suggest you see a holistic doc to get a good quality glucosamine supplement that really works. The OTC ones are not worth your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sangye, I'm fine. I have been taking glucosamine for some years now and it takes the edge off but some "meaningful friends" tell me of these mussels that work better.
    I can't bring myself to try the slimy things though ...yuk. I know they are dead and all but, I say again ...yuk

Michelle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it's bad enough if you don't like seafood, but green-lipped seafood?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard about these green lipped mussels some time ago. I only vaguely remember what I learned then ( and don't have time this minute to look up) but they are available as supplements. You don't need a salt water fish tank in your living room to keep a supply on hand (although, you could then raise fish with green lips too)
    I know Moxxor was one brand I looked at. They claim huge anti-inflammatory properties. I would do my research again ( to basically check on THEIR research). I found at least a couple of youtube videos of people wanting to sell the pills.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678