Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANCA advice anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ANCA advice anyone?

Hi All - does anyone have any experience of a change in ANCA results without any other symptoms?

Just had latest bloods back and, for the first time in 2 years, my ANCA has come back positive with a PR3 of 43. Although I know this isn't high compared to many of you who are off the scale, it is a definite swing from the usual 'negative' result I've been used to. I stopped Azathioprine 3-4 months ago (which my rheumy says is the amount of time it would take for my immune system to get back up to speed) but I don't seem to have any other symptoms.

Not sure if this is a warning or if a change in ANCA alone is nothing to be concerned about?

Any thoughts/experiences you have had would, as ever, be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Jules

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When mine was fluctuating a bit, and not at a serious level, I was just told to watch for symptoms, etc.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened to me as well this year in January. My PR3 came back 25 and it was usually 1 or 0. So my doc knew I was flaring and called me with the results right away and had already booked the rtx infusions for the next day. I had no symptoms at all to suggest I was flaring. I had a slight increased fatigue over the previous few weeks but that was it. And I knew I was flaring because I got very sick after the first infusion and did not get better until the 4th one.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ANCAs have all been off the chart, negative the past 18 months, but I'm I'm in the middle of a pretty good flare up. My inflammation markers have been sky high the past three months. So in my case, ANCAs meant nothing. But sinuses were smoldering in the disease, and I believe were the cause and start of the flare up this time.

MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that's interesting to know Phil - have now developed a cough and cold (but chest x-ray last week was clear, so am thinking it probably is just a cold). I wish there was a definitive rule book for this condition! I suspect the rule book would only have one rule . . . . expect the unexpected!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Thanks, that's interesting to know Phil - have now developed a cough and cold (but chest x-ray last week was clear, so am thinking it probably is just a cold). I wish there was a definitive rule book for this condition! I suspect the rule book would only have one rule . . . . expect the unexpected!

I think ink the only rule book with this disease is the ones we are writing for ourselves. After reading people's stories here, it seems none of us would fit a textbook case study with identical symptoms and triggers. But hey, we are the 1 in 30,000 percentile. Makes us all unique in so many ways, huh?

MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so right - we're all VERY SPECIAL. . . lucky us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    I think ink the only rule book with this disease is the ones we are writing for ourselves. After reading people's stories here, it seems none of us would fit a textbook case study with identical symptoms and triggers. But hey, we are the 1 in 30,000 percentile. Makes us all unique in so many ways, huh?

MikeG-2012
    there are also a lot of similarities.
    cong for your avatar. nice to see you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I have very similar question to Jules. I got my tests today and I have cANCA at 44.3. I was diagnosed with Wegener exactly 1 year ago. In July cANCA was in the norm. Does it mean I have a relapse? All other tests are good, and I don't have any symptoms. I've just moved to another country and changed my doctor, still not sure if it's a good one.

@Phil - what did you doctor prescribe you that time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My level has gone up further this week, from 42 to 53 and am on antibiotics for a bout of sinusitus. The antibiotics seem to be working, so my consultants are just keeping an eye on me for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast