Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about eyeballs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I plan on calling and actually speaking w/ them in the morning.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Put in a request?....hmm. You got to be firm and say: Look here, my eye is going bad fast, I need to get in ASAP, meaning next week at latest.
    At my first follow up visit after leaving the hospital after my diagnosis of Wegs of I was warned to find a good eye doctor than would see me within 24 hours of any vision changes. The caveat was since you lost your hearing we want to try save your vision. Wegs can damage or destroy vision and several members of this forum have experienced this so prompt evaluation is important.

Pred does mess up your vision and some of the meds can cause dry eyes which creates a feeling of a film over the eyes or excessive tears which makes things blurry. This is more pronounced at higher dosages but I still think it is affecting my vision at 5 mg but I also have diabetes and blood glucose variations that also affect my vision. Glasses won't help much for this problem.

Pred also speeds up or can cause cataracts and I have had surgery to have those removed from both eyes. This also greatly improved my vision. I have glaucoma too and get my eyes checked every four months.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had vision issues when on pred. I developed glaucoma which is now fine since off pred. I also had diabetes due to pred, also gone. I feel like I had symptoms similar to yours. Hard to describe, the focus was off but not fuzzy or blurry, almost like my eyes and brain were not as coordinated as they needed to be. All better now.
    At one point had perhaps a mini flare, severe redness and pain in 1 eye, no other symptoms. Opthamologist said inflamation somewhere in body was causing it. Used steroid eye drops for the redness and drops that dialate the eyes for the pain. I stopped the drops too quickly came back with avengance. Tapered slower and cleared up have had no other symptoms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12