Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegie talent outlet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wegie talent outlet

Hello all you budding Wordsworths, you are all such talented people, you have experienced life like no other group. I would like to post this thread for all of us to share our short stories and poems. It does not matter what subject or form, just post and share with your fellow Wegies. Humour, parady, love, anything, as long or as short as you like. Do not be shy, I for one would love to read them, as would many others. And lets face it, we all need a little something to distract us now and again. To get the ball rolling here is one of mine.

Across a Crowded room.

Your eyes said it all, as I walked in the room.
    They made you stand out from the crowd.
    The colours you wore were not brighter than most,
    And your make up was subtle, not loud.
    But your eyes said it all; they were brighter than fire.
    They said you were packed full of life.
    And the moment I saw them I knew I was hooked,
    And I wanted you then for my wife.
    Your eyes said it all; and your eyes did not lie.
    And although we have both grown old,
    Your eyes said it all; they're still saying it now.
    And they still have me under thier hold.

I wrote this for Janet and my thirty third aniversary, and it still holds true.
    So come on folks post something, I realy want to read your thoughts and see into those beutiful souls that show in your posts to other sufferers.
    Kindest reguards Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww Mike, your poem is so beautiful and touching. your wife is blessed
    what a lovely idea to share with writing. I love creativity.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi mike. i came to forum today intending to start thread called beautiful people because of the warmth and caring of those i have seen in my short time here. i wondered if wegs diagnosis had changed their outloks on life and helping others or were they already kind compassionate people. anyway i like your thread idea more your poem made me cry. partly because just so lovely to honor your janet and also because i have been w my love for 30 yrs niw. this disease has deformed my nose and face, but my eyes havent changed. and im thankful for that. peace to you
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never been good at writing poetry, and always cringed when asked to do so in school. But I love the sentiments expressed in yours here... I think the eyes say it all, and you and Janet are indeed blessed to have found each other. That goes for the other happily married couples on here, too, and there seem to be quite a few of them!

I know there are other poets on here, so look forward to seeing more!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I've never been good at writing poetry, and always cringed when asked to do so in school. But I love the sentiments expressed in yours here... I think the eyes say it all, and you and Janet are indeed blessed to have found each other. That goes for the other happily married couples on here, too, and there seem to be quite a few of them!

I know there are other poets on here, so look forward to seeing more!
    Hi Anne, you should not cringe at the thought of writting. I did not start till I was 41 and some of my stuff is terrible, even to me. We all have it within us to produce wonderful
    and mooving, comical or thoughtful poetry or prose. It's part of the human condition.We have all got life experiences( us Wegies more than most) and art in any form is built into our souls. It matters not if you think your stuff is'nt worth sharing, I would love to read anything. I would never mark, critisize or be derogatory about anything posted here, and here'a an idea, if enough stuff comes through perhaps a book could be published with proffits to this forum or to future research. Who knows?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Mike. I could probably write a haiku or a limerick. I might even be able to write a poem. But I can't make the ideas come to me easily, for getting started. I will give this all some thought and if I come up with something I actually like, I'll post it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Thanks, Mike. I could probably write a haiku or a limerick. I might even be able to write a poem. But I can't make the ideas come to me easily, for getting started. I will give this all some thought and if I come up with something I actually like, I'll post it!
    Hi Anne, it can be anythig, an anecdote or a few words on something that has moved or amused you. There will have been many times in your life when an act of kindness or something you have seen or heard has touched you. It does not have to be a poem. For example. when I was 16 I took part in a long distance walk(42 1/2 miles) across the North Yorkshire moors. We set of at night from the coast at a place called Ravenscar heading for the Market town of Osmotherly. As dawn broke we were on the northern edge of the moors overlooking the Vale of York as it swings to an end at Teeside. The vale was full of fog, and as the light from the rising sun hit it, it started to boil and rise up in strange patterns, lit by the sun. I was awestruck, and I knew then, for the first time in my life that God touched this earth of ours. This image is with me still and will be the last thought on my mind as my life ends.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the encouragement, Mike. But I will have to wait for the right moment for something to inspire me to write about it. That experience of yours that you describe sounds truly awesome. I hope it will be a very long time before the end of your life, but I don't doubt that the image and thought of it will come to you as you foresee!

One of our members has written wonderful poems about her dogs. I have cats. Perhaps that could be a starting point.

(Sorry, Andrew, I wasn't thinking and replied to this via my email program, having received the notification! Oops.)
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a very touching poem Mike, I'm sure your wife loved it. When I was younger I used to write poems that I thought would make songs but I haven't done that for YEARS !!!! I will try to think of something but it may be awhile.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister writes songs. My mother was an excellent writer who wrote for a newspaper, including some personal columns about things in her life. She also started a novel but never finished it. The words don't flow as easily for me. I supposed it would help just to take a piece of paper and a pen and write something, and keep doing that until something worthwhile comes of it!

I was thinking about cats as a poem subject and have removed one ridiculous attempt. It is hard to improve on Carl Sandburg's "The fog comes in on little cat feet." The only thing I can come up with right now that isn't TOO ridiculous is "Cats are stealth and sloth rolled into one."
    Last edited by annekat; 11-22-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Omission and addition
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast