Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegie talent outlet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have markets here where people sell there stuff but not a continuous one. It just happens once in the spring and once in the fall. I go to it sometimes but I don't find there is much of a selection for crafts and stuff like you make. How much would you sell that bowl set for?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    I hope you can make decent money selling these. How much would sell the above set for?
    At today's price it comes out to $65 plus sales tax. They are not large bowls, they are about 7", 6" and 4.5" across, and priced at $26, $22, and $17, respectively. People may also buy them individually, not as a set. I raise my prices little by little when I think I need too, but it is a balancing act, as there are some slow days when I would hesitate to do so. But that is usually a matter of not enough traffic, or people are there to buy veggies and plants, and a dollar or two is not going to make a difference if someone wants something. With summer coming, there will be lots of tourists and other out of towners, in fact I've already encountered quite a few. The tricky thing is keeping enough work made, as it is quite labor intensive and time consuming, and pricing it so that it will sell but won't disappear so fast that I can't keep up.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

colorful and beautiful works, Anne and you are very cute
    I wrote to you on fb too: you can make "awerness magnets" for wg
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you enjoy doing a hobby like this that is rewarding and gives you a bit of income.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, What a BEAUTIFUL display! You must get so much pleasure from your art! Do you have a studio in your own home? I just found this thread and am excited to be reading through it for the next few days!! My husband is a photographer and I enjoy helping him with his shows.

I think I might post some links to some blog posts that I have written. I love to write on various topics. My blog was all library related till recently. I have let it fall by the wayside a bit I am afraid, now that I am retired. Anyway - thanks for the picture!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this somewhere else a day or two ago - but some of you might not have seen it. It is a tribute to my grandparents who raised me, and I think it will give you a laugh. Enjoy!

My source for humor. A tribute to my grandparents. « Wanderings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. I just thought of another post that might amuse you. It is a funny take on my hospital visit towards the beginning of this "journey". Hope it makes you laugh. There are a couple of terms at the end that are not necessarily for polite company - but I think all of you will be able to relate.

http://wanderings.edublogs.org/2012/...n-on-steroids/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jacquie,
    your blog is aweome I can feel the special sophisticated sense of humor and wit of your grandparents in your writing all along your blog. I also like the pics and the quotes. I am curious about the miscellaneous .... and I see in your map of visitors that I am already marked as a visitor. it is my honor and pleasure to be on your map
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    OK. I just thought of another post that might amuse you. It is a funny take on my hospital visit towards the beginning of this "journey". Hope it makes you laugh. There are a couple of terms at the end that are not necessarily for polite company - but I think all of you will be able to relate.

This is my brain?This is my brain on steroids « Wanderings?
    Hillarious we need it also on the threads about pred ....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi Jacquie,
    your blog is aweome I can feel the special sophisticated sense of humor and wit of your grandparents in your writing all along your blog. I also like the pics and the quotes. I am curious about the miscellaneous .... and I see in your map of visitors that I am already marked as a visitor. it is my honor and pleasure to be on your map
    Thank you!! Maybe I will post more of my favorites one of these days. The Miscellaneous Page. I totally forgot what it was. When I went into the edit mode of the blog, I see that it was a way for me to put my respiratory history file that I keep online so I can show it to doctors at visits. I TOTALLY forgot that I did that, and the one that is on there is from at least a year ago. I will probably erase it. The password was simply there to keep it private. I actually have better ways to accomplish the same thing - so one of these days I will go in and clean things up a little.

I looked at the map and was excited to see you there...although of course only identified via your country.

And you are right - my grandparents were the best! I just wish they had told me more about my parents. It seemed a topic too painful for my relatives on both sides to talk about. My grandmother's sense of humor was absolutely awesome. Unfortunately, you had trouble seeing the funny aspects of a situation while she was going through it. But - at least when it was over she could pull back and laugh at herself and whatever had happened!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast