Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Wegie talent outlet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent poem Lisa. Very poignant and to the point. Did you share it with your husband? It may help him to understand where you've been.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lisa, This is absolutely stunning! So beautiful, so painful, and SO descriptive of anyone with a chronic disease. It deserves a wider audience. At the very least, it should be its own post, so that more people on the forum will see it. It should be available to anyone with other kinds of chronic diseases. Somehow, I want this poem to go viral!! Youare a very talented writer, my friend!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm humbled by these responses... Don't know if I'd feel comfortable sharing it with any wider audience. This forum feels very safe and non-judgmental, because I know that people understand, even if all of our stories are different there are commonalities... Until posting it here this was just a personal rant on my iPad... But I'm glad if it helps anyone else realize they're not alone in this experience...
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a very strong and thought provoking piece of work Lisa, this is the sort of stuff I hoped for when I started this thread. We may get a book out of it yet. And if we do anybody that wishes can publish anonomasly.
    Mike
    If you can't be positive be optomistic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I translated one of my little poems from Hebrew. please correct my English if needed to make it a better one.
    I wrote it out of pains of body and soul, and out of endless lonelyness, sadness and despair. as you can see, there was no place that I could have brought my pains to.... now I have. here. thank you all for being here

Curfew
    My Pain is being detained inside me,
    Muted, screaming and wrestling,
    Flickering but then cruelly – almost turn off
    Etching on the walls of its dark prison
    With no words…
    Searching where… to find some exit….
    But it is always being told: "not here"
    My tears are also being arrested
    With chains of control.
    In one minute, the cables are ripping
    Curfew just broke
    But the pain is never loosening..
    Last edited by Alysia; 06-15-2014 at 12:27 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful. You capture the feelings perfectly. Thanks for sharing this, and for your friendship and support. This made me cry because I'm sorry you have to deal with this pain... �� is it any better these days? I have a heating pad on my back and ice pack on my neck/ base of my skull as I type... I hope you're feeling ok!����

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the pain for both of you is better. My respiratory issues do not cause me pain - just shortness of breath and extreme fatigue. But I fell hard when I was 18, and have had back pain ever since. And 4 years ago I injured my neck which resulted in the worst pain ever. I can empathize, because when the pain is bad enough, you just cannot think and you feel desperate to escape it. Hard to get your mind on anything else. Both the poems express that so very well. Writing is such a good way though of dealing with the pain...getting the inside pain out. Keep on writing and sharing! I am hoping for pain free days for all my friends here on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, do you see a chiro and massage therapist regularly?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not as often as I should.....but I do see a chiropractor when things get bad. Was scared to death to see him when my neck was so bad....but he did wonders. My PCP is an integrated medicine doctor and has a chiro and massage therapist, acupuncturist etc. right in her group. Another good thing about prednisone is that when I am on it I get relief from the backache. Would rather put up with the backache, but it is generally best to look at things from the positive side!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm noticing getting into a creative zone really distracts me from and helps me with pain and other symptoms. Mostly I'm drawing/doodling, and occasionally painting but I wrote a short poem today. I'm hoping others will keep sharing. I really like reading/ seeing everyone's stuff...

I want to be like water
    Flowing gently to where I'm meant to be
    No need to think or question or comprehend
    Any obstacles or barriers along the way
    I'd simply go around
    Or take my time
    Slowly, steadily cutting through stone as though sand
    Or air
    Taking myself and the debris I carry along with the current
    Enveloping, lifting, and carrying the creatures I sustain
    Quenching thirst
    Refreshing spirit
    Making waves

Being
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast