Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like Indian Food?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you like Indian Food?

Seems some research is being conducted and our disease is almost non-existent in certain parts of Asia. Turmeric has been shown to seriously reduce inflammation and that is a trigger if not a cause of a lot of Vasculitis Diseases as well as Cancer.
    Here is a PDF for some research that was done and I am going to start digging further into it. But I thing Vegetarian Curry is on my menu!

http://www.parklandhospital.com/medi...20Pathways.pdf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and sprinkle a little more turmeric on my tofu scrambles! Certainly worth a try!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Indian food. In fact there is an Indian restaurant right beside the pool hall/pub I hang out at.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use a fair amount of curry in everyday cooking, so sounds like that could be a good thing. I like Indian food OK. Someone posted about an anti-inflammatory supplement that contained a lot of turmeric and was recommended for sufferers from AI diseases. I don't remember the name of the thread or who it was, but it was fairly recent.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter is huge Tumeric fan. Does not get along well with Warfarin
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not big fan of indian food but like tumeric and love ginger (same family). i consult w r who practices eastern medicine and she gave me lists of foods to "cool" me down. and foods to avoid. all can be found in traditional eastern medicine books. also Dr Weil has good book. he says reach for the rainbow. i say eat the rainbow lol and no not the skittles rainbow.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are some foods to avoid as they promote "dampness". dairy, wheat, oj, tomato juice, bananas, and peanut butter. i really miss PB.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. View Post
    here are some foods to avoid as they promote "dampness". dairy, wheat, oj, tomato juice, bananas, and peanut butter. i really miss PB.
    Oh, geez, bananas and peanut butter are staples for me. Doing better with wheat, but still using dairy in the form of yogurt. Eating more veggies is a big one for me. Have them on hand, just need to use them. I eat eggs every couple of days and chicken or fish when I have it, but I avoid mammals for the most part. Also eat tofu on occasion. Not really strict on anything. I feel that whatever I eat, someone is going to say it is bad.

Dina, what is meant by "dampness"?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dampness is one of six energies that influence the environment, which has reflection on our internal body climates. too much not enough can upset balance of health. dampness moistens and nourishes but also clogs and obstructs. excess dampness symptoms include sluggishness and stagnation. mainfests with thick coated tongue

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Dina. We certainly have dampness around here. Although today is another beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest! I know you don't mean the weather, though. Worth looking into.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast