Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't do stupid things!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Don't do stupid things!

A few minutes ago, I was breaking some small branches and large sticks of dry, seasoned wood into lengths to use in my wood stove. Things that are too small to need a saw. I did a stupid thing. I stepped down very hard on one of these large sticks that was propped up on a log at one end. The stick broke as intended, but the other end flew up and hit the side of my head very forcefully, causing an intense pain that throbbed and radiated into my head! It scared me. I have some ice on it now and it feels better, but the pain is still there in the spot where it hit. I think I will be OK. But do be careful and don't do stupid things, especially when there is no one else around! Time to get out the saw, I guess.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope you are OK. Everyone does something stupid sometime!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Hope you are OK. Everyone does something stupid sometime!!
    True, and usually we don't realize how stupid they were until after we do them! I'm pretty sure I'm OK. It hurts a little to chew, mainly around my left temple. And I might be slightly dizzy, but nothing that a little coffee won't fix. Otherwise, it is a beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing stupid about this, Anne, these things happen. I think I lost just about every finger on my left hand because I didn't pay close enough attention and hit the finger with a hammer.
    Hope your pain goes away soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think perhaps a helmet?
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not stupid at all

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    A few minutes ago, I was breaking some small branches and large sticks of dry, seasoned wood into lengths to use in my wood stove. Things that are too small to need a saw. I did a stupid thing. I stepped down very hard on one of these large sticks that was propped up on a log at one end. The stick broke as intended, but the other end flew up and hit the side of my head very forcefully, causing an intense pain that throbbed and radiated into my head! It scared me. I have some ice on it now and it feels better, but the pain is still there in the spot where it hit. I think I will be OK. But do be careful and don't do stupid things, especially when there is no one else around! Time to get out the saw, I guess.

At my age its a senior moment...which occur with increasing frequency. I guess the old saying, "sticks and stones..," holds true for you. It is now over 12 hours later, how are you? Concussion? We hope you are ok.
    Ev

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are a silly billy.

Didn't your mother tell you not to play with sticks - you will poke an eye out

Well thankfully you didn't poke an eye out, but very close to it, by the sounds of things.

I hope you got an early night and are feeling better in the morning.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.g View Post
    At my age its a senior moment...which occur with increasing frequency. I guess the old saying, "sticks and stones..," holds true for you. It is now over 12 hours later, how are you? Concussion? We hope you are ok.
    Ev
    Thanks, everyone. Could get a helmet, good idea. If I still had my grandpa's old forestry helmet, I'd wear it, but one of my sibs got it.

Since I am over 60, I could also call it a senior moment. A learning experience for sure!

I did think about concussions when it happened, hence my being alarmed enough to post to the forum. Guess I should research concussions, but I doubt I have one at this point. There is probably a big bruise under my hair, though. It hurts to touch it. And opening my mouth hurts. I'm lucky it didn't break my glasses frame. A kids' frame, and cheap, and best, sturdiest frame I ever had despite being a wire one.

I think I will be OK, and thanks for everyone's concern.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How are you, Anne ?
    and please fix yours stairs... (those you talked about on fb)
    sending you big hug
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    How are you, Anne ?
    and please fix yours stairs... (those you talked about on fb)
    sending you big hug
    I'm fine, Alysia. Keep nagging me about the stairs, as they are not at the top of my list of things to do. If find my hammer, then I will fix the stairs, I promise! I'm sure I could borrow one, too. Thanks for the big hug!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast