Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't do stupid things!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, be careful with the fixing. don't you bring someone to fix ?
    I have 2 "left" hands (do you say so in English as well, to mean that you are far from being a "handyman" ?) I can hardly put a picture on the wall
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Anne, be careful with the fixing. don't you bring someone to fix ?
    I have 2 "left" hands (do you say so in English as well, to mean that you are far from being a "handyman" ?) I can hardly put a picture on the wall
    Oh, I think it is just a loose stair or two that need re-nailing. I have to remove the dirty, ugly carpet first to see what is going on. Then will not put that carpet back on! I think I can manage it, but if I need any help, I can get my neighbor or a friend.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be careful Anee,especially if you get the saw out...Need to get some body armour !Hope your head is o.k.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Be careful Anee,especially if you get the saw out...Need to get some body armour !Hope your head is o.k.
    Thanks, Deb. My head is OK, just a little sore, still, but getting better, I think. Just finished a session with the electric chain saw, cutting up branches for firewood. I need all the free wood I can get. I've been using the saw for over 20 years and know the precautions, but thanks for the reminder. It is not the safest thing in the world but you gotta do what you gotta do. I will be careful.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Anne, can I join club stupid? Yea, I pulled a bone headed one too...

Last night, after working 6 hours at the college, I came home to a snow drift in the driveway. Well, I'm in the middle of a pretty nasty flare up, so shoveling is out. So, I decided to go ahead and remove the mower deck from the lawn tractor, and put on the plow. Yes, a guy with 60-65% lung function, working on his tractor in his garage, AFTER a partial day at work. I got it done, but MAN, WAS I STUPID!! This morning, I could hardly move. My chest muscles feel like I got run over by the tractor, and I still feel like it now, 24 hours later.

Lesson learned! We ALL do things that we know are/were stupid. For some of us though, our foresight should have been as good as our hindsight!

So, if you are planning on making t-shirts to commemorate, I will take a size 2X please.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Mike, thanks for telling your "stupid" story, and yes you may join the stupid club! The trouble with Wegs, and with pred, is we can feel perfectly capable of doing certain things, despite our reduced lung function or whatever, and we will go ahead and do them and regret it later! If enough time passes between these events, then we will likely forget about taking this precaution! In my case, I cannot blame it on Wegs or pred at all.... I probably would have made the same dumb mistake and wonked myself in the head no matter what. But I do think it is important that we share these stories as a reminder that, as Weggies, we need to be extra careful and vigilant!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12