Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddle-nose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Saddle-nose

For those of you that have it, I was wondering what were your symtoms before it happened,was it all off a sudden,like you just woke up 1 day and your nose collasped ?! I am having issues at first I thought it was a sinus infection but now I don't know but my nose seems to have a small pain across the bridge of it and it seems stuffed up but it's not. I hate to go running to the ent so I was just wondering how it came about. Thanks !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me it just happened with the flare in 2011. I didn't even notice it. My doc noticed it first.....lol
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nose has changed a little bit since all this started in Feb 2012. I've always had a smaller nostril on the right (my right) because my nose is crooked. But, it's much much smaller now, as if the support on that side has collapsed a little. When I breathe in, it closes now ... which is has NEVER done. I took a picture of a side profile of my nose ... and if I ever notice any other changes, I'll take another and compare.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed mine all of a sudden and don't know how long it had been there. I felt no particular pains beforehand. I had seen my doc and been in the hospital overnight right before I noticed it. None of them mentioned it. My glasses make it less obvious. I already knew what it was and what it meant, even though I didn't yet have a diagnosis, because I had done research on sinus issues and ear problems and seen mention of Wegeners on the web, and then I started reading the forum when a doc suggested Wegs as a possibility. So, I was not nearly as shocked to see the saddle nose as I would have been without the internet! I hope you don't have it, Deb. I get occasional small pains on the upper part of my nose, but it hasn't gotten any worse.The very worst view of my nose is from the side with my glasses off. It looks like some kind of a beak, pointing at a weird angle. With my glasses on, it just looks like I have a bit of a turned up nose.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank Deb for posing this question. I was wondering about it myself as I have sinus issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My nose has changed too; I used to have a pointy nose and now it's more of a round nose. However; it's not to the point where I would call it a saddle nose - but it has changed. My nostrils also close now too; as you say yours does Nicole.

My glasses also fall down my nose a lot where they never did previously.

#nosedrama

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a scary thought that it just happens without any problems prior.Maybe I should put my ent on my list of things to do !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go see my ENT regularly. Every 3-4 months. Might start going every 6 months now; but he really loves to look up my nose (I know, what a weirdo) and he also loves to look at my vocal chords and go on and on about the inside of my ears. He is purely fascinated (he is young, from africa, and this disease is not common over there so I think I'm his first wegs patient).

It's nice because he keeps a close eye on things and can tell me if I'm doing a good job with my irrigation or if it looks good or is inflamed, etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    That's a scary thought that it just happens without any problems prior.Maybe I should put my ent on my list of things to do !!!
    Deb, I think it is a lot less likely to happen if you've been treated for awhile and your sinus issues are pretty much under control. In other words, if the process was starting, it may have been nipped in the bud once the inflammation and disease activity was lessened, and the blood started flowing through the area more normally. As I understand it, it is the result of tissue death, or necrosis, resulting from the granulomas and damage to the cell walls, restricting the flow of blood and the oxygen it carries to the tissues. Someone correct me if I don't have it quite right.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not notice my saddle nose until the doc pointed it out to me the 2nd day I was hospitalized..... he had assumed that I knew or had noticed on my own. I don't really pay attention when looking in a mirror, so I had no idea, and you could not really tell until you looked at it from the side.

So really I had no idea that it had happened, or when. Kinda scary thinking back about it.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast