Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddle-nose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I saw my ent today and he said my nose looks good but when I was at Cleveland Clinic back in Sept. ,I told my rhuemy that my ear was bothering me ,like I had scatched it or got bit my something,it is just on the upper inside lobe. He looked and said "Yea you do have something going on there " So I asked my ent today and he said I had like a infection ( it was one of those long "p" words ) so I have to use an antibiotic cream on it for two weeks and go back. It would have been nice if the other dr. would have done something 3 months ago !!!
    Then the other day I had a ct scan which was supposed to be of where my esphogus ends and I have a hiatial hernia that they were going to scan . I was also supposed to get my lungs scanned but the girl at the drs. office forgot and didn't get that approved by my ins. in time .So the lady that did the scan scanned of my up to my heart ( more than what she was supposed too, she felt bad since I had to come back and drink that contrast again.) Well I got the report from my dr. and it was just of my abdomin and pelvis. What the hell...I didn't need the report on that !!!! So I'm hoping if I get the cd one of my drs. will be able to read it and see what's going on with me.
    I'm still ranting so if you want to stop reading you can !!! But I got my bloodwork back and my numbers are going up a little but not out of range except my chlorestoral and triclycerites and ldl are really high. My trics. are 217 and they want you below 149 and my health nut boyfriend got his back today and his was 47. WHAT ,you the hell has 47.And all his other numbers are way below mine or any other normal person . I give up..I try to watch what I eat but there's no use. My mother who eats nothing but junk and candy is better than mine. Maybe it's the wg !!!! Does anyone else have really high numbers or do you do the right thing and take crestor or libitor ???
    O.K. I'm done for now...I can't wait to pig out for the holidays !!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice rant, Deb! Sorry about all the BS you went through and the high triglycerides! I need to get all that stuff checked, too. I don't have a clue if the Wegs could affect it, unless the pred makes us eat too much of certain things. But you say you are careful... and how dare the BF have such low numbers!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikki, our noses must be related

You described exactly how my nose is from day to day.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra, I am glad that your nose looks good. I hope that all the rest will be ok soon.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi debra yay for your good nose sheesh quite the ordeal w your scans. i lkke to tell my BF everything not a competition btw us. he has to be better than me w everything lol but i have him beat on volume of lab data/numbers.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Nikki, our noses must be related

You described exactly how my nose is from day to day.
    Michelle, if I remember right, you do have the saddle, and it isn't getting any worse, yet you do have the constant changes, pains, and contortions like Nikki does. Which makes me wonder if those changes are directly related to the saddling of the nose at all. I just have the saddle without any significant pains or other daily changes. I'm not sure if it has gotten any worse over time, but if so, only very slightly.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading this it does seem to be pretty much a trend that if you have sinus issues that you eventually end up with saddle nose. I "think" my ent said it's from the pred use.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anne, for me it was VERY painful. I mean the change to the saddle figure.
    I wonder if it can be changed significantly without pain ? maybe your change is minor, Anne, like the change I had few years ago.
    maybe we should open a thread of saddle noses pics.... like the boogers one...
    depressing issue
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no pain, none that I can remember.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Anne, for me it was VERY painful. I mean the change to the saddle figure.
    I wonder if it can be changed significantly without pain ? maybe your change is minor, Anne, like the change I had few years ago.
    maybe we should open a thread of saddle noses pics.... like the boogers one...
    depressing issue
    lots of pain for me too. i couldnt bear to post my pic. sigh...left profile is hideous, straight on view scary, but i work my right profile if i am forced into photo. i can almost look ok in selfies now due to practice lol people always di double take looking at me. i just smile. kids look longest and adults look embarassed.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast