Thread: Elevated CRP normal Sed Rate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Elevated CRP normal Sed Rate...

Hey Everyone...

I was just curious as to whether anyone has had this combination(elevated or high CRP with Normal Sed Rate) after getting blood work results.

On Saturday I went and had blood drawn and I picked up my results today and they showed my Sed Rate, WBC, RBC, in normal range and No protein in urine.

However the CRP protein was elevated in the High range.. It was actually 4.34 on the scale it says 3-10 would be considered High.

I am going to call my Rheumy tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone had any insight on this one.

Sheila
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anything below 3 would would be normal? I would go back for labs in a week to see what changes. In the mean time keep an eye on any new symptoms or ones that change.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, as I had those same tests run two weeks ago, what exactly were your Sed Rate and C-Reactive Protein readings?

My Sed rate was 4 mm/hr, with the normal indicated as 0-15, and my C-Reactive Protein was 4.5 mg/L, with 0-4.9 indicated as normal.

I am not sure if different labs use different measurements, or "normal" levels are different between them.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sheilla,
    as far as I know, CRP is a more "delicate" measure, for more subtleties. It can be a guide to check more. in my case it was elevated when other measures were ok in cases of mild infection, or kind of flu/virus. anyway, ask your doc and repeat your tests.
    I like your signature and your blog looks great !
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys,

So I called my doctor today and we discussed my results. He said that the number I was give was for the high sensitivity CRP or (cardio) so not to worry about this number. I had to contact the lab so that they could run the proper test, the regular CRP. Overall he said my numbers were trending down and that things looked good. There was a trace of blood in the urine but he said that wasn't anything to worry about at this time so I'm feeling a little better about the results.

However, physically I can say I am definitely experiencing fatigue or tiredness and having just some joint pains here and there. I told my doctor and he said that I should make note of it, but to keep in mind that the medications I take will make you feel tired from time to time.

So overall, I summarize it with I am still very new to understanding my body with WG's. Last night after getting those results, I started freaking out and I thought OR imagined I was getting every symptom in the book back, I was thinking I was going into a flare!!!!!

However, after talking to my doctor and calming down a bit, I see that I am drained from sleepless nights from high doses of prednisone, daily errands and trying to maintain this exercise stuff. Thanks for all the kind replies and hopefully this thread might help someone else who gets whacky numbers to not panic but stay calm as there might just be a simple explanation for it all.

Sheila
    Last edited by Sjap0655; 11-12-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)