Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice..:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Need some advice..:

Hello, I called my Rheum's office this morning to get results of my last ANCA test. She was busy doing rounds at the hospital today. I spoke to her receptionist, who read the results to me. Since this is fairly new to me I'm really not sure what this means. I can call the doc back on Monday, but, I would like to know for the weekend thanks, if anyone can shed some light on this.
    How it was first explained to me back in my early diagnosis was that my ANCA results were 1000+. The second test after was less and the third was down to 72 and this one was -10. It's this last one that doesn't make sense to me. Why is it negative? Receptionist says there is mild activity.
    Thanks for your time
    Kellie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea what those numbers mean. I assume your are PR3 positive?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kelly,
    the ANCA results are not the only indicator to your state.
    more important is how do you feel ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Alysia, I am feeling much better these days!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply Phil. I will call the doc myself on Monday I am feeling much better, so I'm hoping that's a good sign I think if my bloodwork was showing something not quite right, she would have asked for me to make an appointment. She is always good for follow ups

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife's rheumie will call if there is something unusual with her blood tests. My wife has to drive about 30miles one way for a monthly blood draw and her doc called before she got home. I might add that she does a monthly blood draw and sees the doc every third month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you DJS. Yes, mine is very good as well. I guess it's all still pretty new to me. If she felt I needed to see her she would have let me know. I just like to know every test result is all knowledge is power! Haha!!
    i hope your wife is keeping as healthy as can be. I feel very good these days
    Kellie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife feels great, she has been off all drugs since August, that is when her white count dropped to zero, and the doc called and had her stop the last drug.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    My wife feels great, she has been off all drugs since August, that is when her white count dropped to zero, and the doc called and had her stop the last drug.
    That will teach me to open my mouth. About one minute after I wrote that she complained of a sore throat. Then she spent the next two days in bed with a bad cold/flu. Today she asked me to take her in for a blood test. Then she called her doc for advice. She was told she has what is going around. Scary part of GPA is you never know for sure, am I dying or just sick! And she did start an antibiotic but no effect on the flu.
    Last edited by DJS; 11-12-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Clarify wording we are married

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    That will teach me to open my mouth. About one minute after I wrote that she complained of a sore throat. Then she spent the next two days in bed with a bad cold/flu. Today she asked me to take her in for a blood test. Then she called her doc for advice. She was told she has what is going around. Scary part of GPA is you never know for sure, am I dying or just sick! And she did start an antibiotic but no effect on the flu.
    Hi DJS,
    I am sorry for you and for your wife. I hope she will recover soon. she is lucky to have you around her. stay strong.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast