Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some advice..:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Kellie,

First of all I think its safe to say you are on the mend given the huge swing in your ANCA results. Mine was initially near 800+ and is now down to about 1. I believe you can display ANCA positive and negative so dont worry too much about that. Alysia is right when she says simply "How do you feel?" The ANCA test is not a definitive blood test but it does give an indication as to how your illness is moving. There are a whole lot of other issues to consider, as Phil has mentioned.
    You might like to keep a diary of how you feel from day to day which might help to spot trends and also serve as a usefull 'tool' when you next see your Doc!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kellie613 View Post
    Hello, I called my Rheum's office this morning to get results of my last ANCA test. She was busy doing rounds at the hospital today. I spoke to her receptionist, who read the results to me. Since this is fairly new to me I'm really not sure what this means. I can call the doc back on Monday, but, I would like to know for the weekend thanks, if anyone can shed some light on this.
    How it was first explained to me back in my early diagnosis was that my ANCA results were 1000+. The second test after was less and the third was down to 72 and this one was -10. It's this last one that doesn't make sense to me. Why is it negative? Receptionist says there is mild activity.
    Thanks for your time
    Kellie
    hi kellie. what are u taking for meds? readings >1000 are not that common so i am told by dr.
    Smile, breathe and go slowly. Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful. Thich Nhat Hahn

dxn 11/13

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    That will teach me to open my mouth. About one minute after I wrote that she complained of a sore throat. Then she spent the next two days in bed with a bad cold/flu. Today she asked me to take her in for a blood test. Then she called her doc for advice. She was told she has what is going around. Scary part of GPA is you never know for sure, am I dying or just sick! And she did start an antibiotic but no effect on the flu.
    Blood test was Monday, Wednesday she wanted a chest x-Ray but she couldn't get a appointment but this morning she she had me take her to the ER in Maple Grove where she got a x-Ray and a fluid IV. Dr told her she has a bad cold and no more, go home and rest. Wegs has turned her into a worry wort!
    Last edited by DJS; 11-15-2013 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling help from the IPad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12