User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: God

Savva Guest

Default God

I've recently watched this: God's Existence - Documentary - YouTube
    and if you have a spare 2 hours in your life now I strongly recommend you to check it out instead of meaningless entertainment. It is about God. I myself believe in God. It is not like this video had a profound effect on me, but this inspired me to share my ideas with you. And this video made me rethink our illness:
    you see, God loves us, He truly does, more than we can imagine, it is impossible for us to understand it. God loves His own creations. The question is: why there is hell and why there is heaven then? Answer: it is for people's own good. Imagine a bird in the sky and a fish in a river. If you swap them both will die. So is for people. Sinful people will go crazy from their desires in heaven, as well as righteous will not last long in hell. God wants you to be in heaven, He wants you to change. It is up to us to choose now. We still live in this world only due to His boundless mercy, His enormous love for everyone. And everything God does is for the greater good even our illness. It is a lesson for us that we must learn, it is a challenge, it is a time for a big change, it is God's grace. Yes, it truly is. Our illness is in fact a precious thing that many of us do not understand.
    You can now say, "ok if God loves me and I will follow Him and will always glorify His Name, will He heal me then?" You see, for God our problems and way of thinking is just ridiculous. It is worth nothing to God to heal us. We're not talking about it now. What is more important is our souls. We are too primitive to grasp His will. Our lives are nothing compared to infinity. And when a Judgement Day will come and Jesus will judge all alive and dead, it will be Judgement of God. Even a small good deed may be equal to our whole live lived in vain. I strongly believe that whatever happens, happens because of God. We are just too stupid to discern His grace and giddily say something is good, and something is bad. We see some good only if it pleases our sinful fallen nature. In fact everything is good for us, even Wegener's Granulomatosis. Just think about it. That does not mean you shall just seat on your hands and wait for your healing. Not at all. You must work. And what "work" means you will determine for yourself, according to your level of spiritual development. Many people were not being healed by God until many years had passed - read the Bible. This time of our illness is given for us to strengthen us, to test our faith (and God always likes to test our faith - remember when God told Abraham to kill his only son Isaac?). But even these are just primitive examples (made by me, an unworthy and sinful) of what your illness might be for. In fact we are not in the position to understand anything. People can not understand God's greatest plan.
    I can go on and on, but I think that will do for now.
    Stop whining about this and that. Live a life worth living, remember you're created for a reason, not for whining. I am not calling you all to stop taking medicine and stop your treatment, although if you're masochist then why not . All I want to say is that all this made me rethink my illness. And I want you to be part of this experience as well. God bless.
    Last edited by Savva; 11-09-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not watched the video yet Savva, but I certainly love your words. You do have a decent understanding of what life is about.

God does reveal His plan for us which is the Plan of Salvation. There are many things man does not and will never understand about God but the simple things like sin, heaven, hell, death, judgement, etc, we can grasp fairly easily. And you are right Savva, our illness and all suffering and sacrifice is a great gift from God. It is a means to purify our own souls then to unite our pains and suffering with Christ to be a part of His Plan for Salvation to help save souls. God wants us to help him save souls through this mystical way. Christ continues to suffer more and more each day because of our sins. Having Wegs is a great way to atone for our sins and save many souls from hell. I am very thankful that God gave me this disease.

Savva, are you Catholic by chance?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Savva Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Savva, are you Catholic by chance?
    I am Orthodox, but that does not matter, Catholic or Protestant or whatever - on each of the Divine Liturgy in Russia we pray for all people to unite under one and only, single Church.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that would be the One true Church of Christ, the Catholic Church.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Savva and Phil,
    since discussion about religion is not allowed in the forum rules, I can relate to the God issue beyond religion....
    2 notes b4:
    1. Phil, we can continue the religion issue in private
    2. I am curious: am I the only Jewish around with this Nazi disease ?
    and back to the issue of God :
    I find that beyond religions, the belief is God is similar. I also believe that the ways of God are unknown to us. there is a say in hebrew that whatever God is doing, it is for good, although we dont understand it so many times.
    since I have WG my belief is getting stronger. so many times I pray to God to help me or others and he listens. maybe I am not asking too much
    my time to talk to God is at my daily walking, early in the morning, b4 the sun rises and when it rises. I pray. I ask things from God. and mostly, I tell God a lot of thanks for the good things he is bringing to my life.
    Last edited by Alysia; 11-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, we can continue this in private if you wish Alysia. But God is not a private matter.

We don't know for certain if Dr. Wegener was a hard line Nazi. Most so called Nazis were afraid to go against the party so they did what they were told to save their own lives.

I talk to God at all times of day. I pray all day long. One does not have to wait to be alone in silence to pray and talk to God.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    We don't know for certain if Dr. Wegener was a hard line Nazi. Most so called Nazis were afraid to go against the party so they did what they were told to save their own lives.
    this can be easly checked :
    Friedrich Wegener - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/he...dise.html?_r=0

bottom line: I copy it to here :
    Wegener joined the movement in 1932, before Hitler took power. He rose to a relatively high military rank and spent some of the war in a medical office three blocks from the Jewish ghetto in Lodz, Poland. Sketchy records suggest that he might have participated in experiments on concentration camp inmates.
    Records show that other members of the Lodz health office did such research and that Wegener autopsied a prisoner with oxygen injected in his bloodstream in an embolism study.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seriously think, that to be fair to everyone on this forum, that this discussion should not be continued.

Whether you have a religion, don't have a religion, follow your God or just believe in the monkeys, I think it is best to keep it off the WG forum.

Sorry
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    just believe in the monkeys
    in this case it would be NOT believing in the monkeys (as our ancestors)
    Michelle, do you know what is one of the things I love in you ? that you know to be tender when needed, AND firm as well
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    I seriously think, that to be fair to everyone on this forum, that this discussion should not be continued.

Whether you have a religion, don't have a religion, follow your God or just believe in the monkeys, I think it is best to keep it off the WG forum.

Sorry
    Yup pretty much what the forum rules say: http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...ting-site.html

Fully respect everyone's beliefs however religious discussions have never ended well on this forum.

Best
    Andrew
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.