Thread: Supplements

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Supplements

Hi,
    I was thinking that we can share what supplements we are taking to see what is missing/ too much etc.
    This is my list, I take all these every day: (I hope that I wrote it ok in English. I had to translate it from the box I am using).

Folic acid 5mg
    Zinc picolinate (like avazinc) 22mg
    Vitamin D3 400 mg
    Vitamin C 500 mg

And - Multivitamin containing the following:

Vitamin C 120mg
    Vitamin B1 2.5mg
    Vitamin B2 3mg
    Vitamin B3 15mg
    Vitamin B6 10mg
    Vitamin B12 6mcg
    Pantothenic acid 45mg
    Biotin 300mcg
    Folic acid 200mcg
    Cilica 60mg
    Zinc 30mg
    Iron 18mg
    Manganese 500mcg
    Copper 1 mg
    MSM 250mg
    Faba 20mg
    Choline 25mg
    Inositol 25mg
    Cysteine 90mg
    Glutathione 1mg

thanks
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Savva Guest

with all this you are gonna be fine. I take nothing but my meds (vitamin D and calcium of course included).
    Last edited by Savva; 11-09-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My supplements are as follows:
    > Centrum silver (multivitamin)
    > Caltrate + D 600 IU (2x/day)
    > No flush niacin 500 mg/day
    > Potassium 100 mg/day
    > Aspirin 81 mg/day
    > Phenylephrine 10 mg 2x/day
    > Claritin 10 mg/day

I'm also taking the following Rx drugs for issues not related to GPA:
    > Flomax 0.4 mg/day for urinary symptoms and hypertension
    > Singulair 10 mg/day for asthma
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys don't use Omega 3 fatty acids? Heard they were good in reducing inflammation.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use acidophilus at night, take a calcium, magnesium and vitamin D pill (3 times daily), fish oil and folic acid.
    Sheila-dx and delivered baby Joshua January 2013 (Welcomed Baby Joshua)
    Follow my blog: http://charitymartinsfitnessjourney.tumblr.com ( a blog/daily journal about diet, exercise and health while being a wife, mom and WG patient)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- VitD (1000mg morning and nite)
    - Calcium (600mg ditto)
    - Magnesium (350mg? ditto)
    - fish oil (4x1500mg ditto)
    - MultiVitamin
    - large amounts of two forms of Olive Leaf Extract (again, twice daily)

I've been formally declared In Remission a few months ago. Doc cut my MTX dose in half (to 10mg once weekly) and if my slate is still clean at the end of January we'll work down my pred (currently 5mg daily).

I'm doing the OLE on recommendation of a cousin-in-law my age who has Rheumatoid Arthritis but could not tolerate his MTX dose
    (ie he spent more than half each week bedridden due to side-effects, and during that time felt worse than not taking anything for his RA). OLE has made his life tolerable (no longer bedridden, working and hitting the gym again), so perhaps it's not 100% pure snake-oil.

From what I've read of the actually scientific/medical analysis of "how we think the active-constituent of OLE works" it does appear safe in cases of autoimmune disease, and I'm personally convinced it sounds like it should help in general (at least, in theory).

Anyhow everything depends on dose, and how do you know you your manufacturer has sold you anything other than a placebo in pill form (because this is NOT "medicine" it's unregulated, the stuff I'm taking could be extract-of-spinach for all I know), who knows if it interacts with anything else you're taking or suffering from, I am not a medical professional, nor do I play one on television, this is not medical advice, please DO seek medical advice, YMMV etc etc etc.

I'm not even slightly suggesting YOU should, but it worked for him and it's clearly not killed me, and my Doc says that my bloodwork "looks perfect".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Pierre,
    cong for your remision
    what is OLE ?
    I couldn't find it at google....
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from being that thing the crowd shouts in reply to a flourish by a Spanish Bull Fighter, it's my shorthand for Olive Leaf Extract.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My joints can't tolerate citrus so I cannot take vitamin C
    I found a multivitamin that didn't have vitamin C in it, and my liver became inflammed, so I couldn't take these either.

Apart from my meds of pred, MTX and plaquenil, I also take vitamin D3, folate and Caltrate (calcium with D)

Pierre42 - we haven't seen you in the Wegeners Granulomatosis Australia, facebook group yet
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I have read wonderful things about Olive leaf Extract used as a natural antibiotic and decided to try it. Unfortunately it really upsets my stomach. But every now and then in desperation I would try it again until the last time when I actually vomited half an hour after taking it. It does state that it can cause stomach upsets and to take it after food but I think my stomach is just too sensitive. That is just my experience and I know that many people have had great results from it though I admit that I never read anywhere that it is used in the treatment of Auto Immune disease. I took it hoping it would help with GI problems and UTI's. Now I am trying Oil of Oregano which I seem to tolerate better. Other than that I take Vit D3, Milk thistle and a multivitamin daily. Think I should take fish oil. I recently tried a product called INflamX by Metagenics which is used mainly by UC and Crohn's Disease sufferers and I think that really helps my GI tract and according to the doc who recommended it, it helps inflammation throughout the body.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 11-09-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast