Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saddle nose/ rhinoplasty

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thread. My nose is starting to fall, this week I am getting some stint put in to help with breathing, my doc said that would work for now. He mentioned that I will also have to have my nose rebuilt in the next few years. I have two pretty big holes in my septum and the falling down of my nose is affecting my breathing. He said the bone would be from the ear, but rib sounds more reasonable.

What has been experience with reconstruction? Did it make your nose wider? Do you also need a plastic surgeon in addition to an ENT?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the teaching hospital I go to the ENT Dept. has one or two ENT docs skilled at rhinoplasty.They also do plastic surgery.My saddle nose is severe,and would require a rib graft.The rib would be cut into three pieces,and shaped accordingly.One rib down the center of the nose,and two small pieces of rib to prop it up.Tent shaped.Cartilage would also need to be harvested from the ear.The doc gave it a 90% chance of success.The rib and cartilage need a good blood supply to survive.My first rhinoplasty looked great,just like before my saddle nose.I am an old tiger,and will probably never get rhinoplasty again.Good luck to you all.
    "You can tame anything,except the human tongue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had my nose repaired by my ENT team using my own rib bone and it was a success in my opinion. It isn't perfect but better than it was. I had issues with healing in the rib area more than the nose. Just be aware that your healing time may be slow especially if you are on any methotrexate and/or prednisone. I would do it but be aware of the possibilities of unexpected infections or slower healing. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123