Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's definitely a flare up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default An hour to go!

I'm siting in the infusion chair with an hour to go. So far, so good! Looks like I'm going to tolerate the RTX just fine, yea! 1000 mg down, 3000 to go in the next three weeks!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been a week already from my first RTX infusion, and so far so good. Went to work for 4 hours on Tues and We'd, and felt really great. 80mg of prednisone seems to be taking care of sinus issues and giving me some breathing relief. It felt so god to just get out of the house. I'm going to argue with doc today and tell him I'm safer at my office than in a house full of projects that need to be done. We'll see how far that gets me. LOL! I Hinkle he sees that. I work on a college campus and is worried about colds, etc. I'm so far removed from general traffic though that I'm not overly worried.

My ride will be here this morning to take me for week 2 of 4 of the RTX treatments. Let's hope that this week goes as good or better than last week. It sounds cliche, but I believe that the positive things I am hearing about RTX have given me a new outlook and the emotional boost Me and my family so desperately needed!

Have a great day everyone!

MikeG-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    It has been a week already from my first RTX infusion, and so far so good. Went to work for 4 hours on Tues and We'd, and felt really great. 80mg of prednisone seems to be taking care of sinus issues and giving me some breathing relief. It felt so god to just get out of the house. I'm going to argue with doc today and tell him I'm safer at my office than in a house full of projects that need to be done. We'll see how far that gets me. LOL! I Hinkle he sees that. I work on a college campus and is worried about colds, etc. I'm so far removed from general traffic though that I'm not overly worried.

My ride will be here this morning to take me for week 2 of 4 of the RTX treatments. Let's hope that this week goes as good or better than last week. It sounds cliche, but I believe that the positive things I am hearing about RTX have given me a new outlook and the emotional boost Me and my family so desperately needed!

Have a great day everyone!

MikeG-2012
    "98% of this game is half mental." -- Yogi Berra
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike, I'm glad to hear you being so upbeat, and that you are tolerating the RTX so well and feeling like getting back to work. Here's hoping the second round goes as well as the first, and there's no reason it wouldn't!

It's also nice when high dose pred clears things up like that... I remember that from before I was diagnosed, and just kept having one sinus infection after another, along with a lot of voice problems. I could barely talk sometimes. I was prescribed antibiotics, but pred was what worked the best to clear up those symptoms fast. Of course, the RTX will work and then you'll be able to lower the pred.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Mike, I'm glad to hear you being so upbeat, and that you are tolerating the RTX so well and feeling like getting back to work. Here's hoping the second round goes as well as the first, and there's no reason it wouldn't!

It's also nice when high dose pred clears things up like that... I remember that from before I was diagnosed, and just kept having one sinus infection after another, along with a lot of voice problems. I could barely talk sometimes. I was prescribed antibiotics, but pred was what worked the best to clear up those symptoms fast. Of course, the RTX will work and then you'll be able to lower the pred.
    Thanks Anne! As much as I DETEST the pred, it does work miracles sometimes. It's too bad I puff up like the stay-puff marshmallow man from Ghost Busters! I had a feeling three months ago when the sinus headaches turned into migraines, that the disease was back--despite all the blood work showing all ANCA counts negative. Sinus is my trigger indicator. The staff infection in sinuses is a particular nasty one that keeps migrating and becoming more antibiotic resistant. Since I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs, we've had to go with a topical rinse delivered through the nose 2x a day. I still am a HUGE advocate of nasal rinsing. If people have this disease and have nose issues and crusting are not rinsing, then they really need to. I think that is one of the things that has allowed me to keep fighting this awful disease.

Thanks for the reply.

MikeG-2012

(From the oncology department in Monroe, WI)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike ..just read the whole thread..sorry you had a flare up but am so glad the rtx is working well with you and you are having no problems. I will say a prayer that the rest go just as good and you are better soon.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two RTX down, two to go! I feel good leaving here. If I did not have the IV Benadryl, I would be fine! Time for a nap until my 2:30 appointment! (-8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    "98% of this game is half mental." -- Yogi Berra
    Like Yogi said, "it is hard to predict things, especially the future."
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying a prayer for you! I am tapering off pred too, down to 20 mg for a month, then 10 mg I guess. I have ear issues, and sinus trouble too, hope they don't get worse!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sectech1 View Post
    Saying a prayer for you! I am tapering off pred too, down to 20 mg for a month, then 10 mg I guess. I have ear issues, and sinus trouble too, hope they don't get worse!
    Thanks for the prayers. I do know that they help.

I think this is where Phil and I gang up on you and give you the dissertation on "Proper Sinus Health Through Irrigation". OK Phil, I started it; you're up!! LOL!!

In all seriousness, without the three liters of saline I run through my sinuses twice a day (yea, almost two gallons), my sinuses would be a solid crust from front to back. I've noticed now that the weg is starting to get under control, my ear is opening up more too. Looks like it might be a good month after all for my nasal health at least. Now, if I could only get a good breath of air every time, that would be a fantastic thing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast