User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: It's definitely a flare up

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default An hour to go!

    I'm siting in the infusion chair with an hour to go. So far, so good! Looks like I'm going to tolerate the RTX just fine, yea! 1000 mg down, 3000 to go in the next three weeks!

    Mike

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It has been a week already from my first RTX infusion, and so far so good. Went to work for 4 hours on Tues and We'd, and felt really great. 80mg of prednisone seems to be taking care of sinus issues and giving me some breathing relief. It felt so god to just get out of the house. I'm going to argue with doc today and tell him I'm safer at my office than in a house full of projects that need to be done. We'll see how far that gets me. LOL! I Hinkle he sees that. I work on a college campus and is worried about colds, etc. I'm so far removed from general traffic though that I'm not overly worried.

    My ride will be here this morning to take me for week 2 of 4 of the RTX treatments. Let's hope that this week goes as good or better than last week. It sounds cliche, but I believe that the positive things I am hearing about RTX have given me a new outlook and the emotional boost Me and my family so desperately needed!

    Have a great day everyone!

    MikeG-2012

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Suburban Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    2,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    It has been a week already from my first RTX infusion, and so far so good. Went to work for 4 hours on Tues and We'd, and felt really great. 80mg of prednisone seems to be taking care of sinus issues and giving me some breathing relief. It felt so god to just get out of the house. I'm going to argue with doc today and tell him I'm safer at my office than in a house full of projects that need to be done. We'll see how far that gets me. LOL! I Hinkle he sees that. I work on a college campus and is worried about colds, etc. I'm so far removed from general traffic though that I'm not overly worried.

    My ride will be here this morning to take me for week 2 of 4 of the RTX treatments. Let's hope that this week goes as good or better than last week. It sounds cliche, but I believe that the positive things I am hearing about RTX have given me a new outlook and the emotional boost Me and my family so desperately needed!

    Have a great day everyone!

    MikeG-2012
    "98% of this game is half mental." -- Yogi Berra
    Pete
    dx 1/11

    "Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

    "Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Olympia, Washington
    Posts
    6,993
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mike, I'm glad to hear you being so upbeat, and that you are tolerating the RTX so well and feeling like getting back to work. Here's hoping the second round goes as well as the first, and there's no reason it wouldn't!

    It's also nice when high dose pred clears things up like that... I remember that from before I was diagnosed, and just kept having one sinus infection after another, along with a lot of voice problems. I could barely talk sometimes. I was prescribed antibiotics, but pred was what worked the best to clear up those symptoms fast. Of course, the RTX will work and then you'll be able to lower the pred.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Mike, I'm glad to hear you being so upbeat, and that you are tolerating the RTX so well and feeling like getting back to work. Here's hoping the second round goes as well as the first, and there's no reason it wouldn't!

    It's also nice when high dose pred clears things up like that... I remember that from before I was diagnosed, and just kept having one sinus infection after another, along with a lot of voice problems. I could barely talk sometimes. I was prescribed antibiotics, but pred was what worked the best to clear up those symptoms fast. Of course, the RTX will work and then you'll be able to lower the pred.
    Thanks Anne! As much as I DETEST the pred, it does work miracles sometimes. It's too bad I puff up like the stay-puff marshmallow man from Ghost Busters! I had a feeling three months ago when the sinus headaches turned into migraines, that the disease was back--despite all the blood work showing all ANCA counts negative. Sinus is my trigger indicator. The staff infection in sinuses is a particular nasty one that keeps migrating and becoming more antibiotic resistant. Since I'm allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs, we've had to go with a topical rinse delivered through the nose 2x a day. I still am a HUGE advocate of nasal rinsing. If people have this disease and have nose issues and crusting are not rinsing, then they really need to. I think that is one of the things that has allowed me to keep fighting this awful disease.

    Thanks for the reply.

    MikeG-2012

    (From the oncology department in Monroe, WI)

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,970
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi Mike ..just read the whole thread..sorry you had a flare up but am so glad the rtx is working well with you and you are having no problems. I will say a prayer that the rest go just as good and you are better soon.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Two RTX down, two to go! I feel good leaving here. If I did not have the IV Benadryl, I would be fine! Time for a nap until my 2:30 appointment! (-8

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    see map location in MN
    Posts
    4,322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    "98% of this game is half mental." -- Yogi Berra
    Like Yogi said, "it is hard to predict things, especially the future."
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saying a prayer for you! I am tapering off pred too, down to 20 mg for a month, then 10 mg I guess. I have ear issues, and sinus trouble too, hope they don't get worse!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northern Illinois, USA
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sectech1 View Post
    Saying a prayer for you! I am tapering off pred too, down to 20 mg for a month, then 10 mg I guess. I have ear issues, and sinus trouble too, hope they don't get worse!
    Thanks for the prayers. I do know that they help.

    I think this is where Phil and I gang up on you and give you the dissertation on "Proper Sinus Health Through Irrigation". OK Phil, I started it; you're up!! LOL!!

    In all seriousness, without the three liters of saline I run through my sinuses twice a day (yea, almost two gallons), my sinuses would be a solid crust from front to back. I've noticed now that the weg is starting to get under control, my ear is opening up more too. Looks like it might be a good month after all for my nasal health at least. Now, if I could only get a good breath of air every time, that would be a fantastic thing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •