Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: It's definitely a flare up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Phx Mich...gimme a break...I flared in September last year in mid 100s all month...sighs...I think weather can be a trigger for many reasons, but it isn't a cause of what's happening in a flare, generally speaking. And you're right, it IS strange...looks over shoulder...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sssshhh Don, don't talk so loud

Well it's really hot over here and I don't think any of our Aussie gang are having troubles at the moment ............ I have been known to be wrong though

Anyhow, if the weather has a small part to play in these flares - I hope it starts to warm up so that everyone starts feeling better
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think colder weather is hard on me for dealing with my Wegs. My flare last year was at this time of year, after having gotten and semi-recovered from a cold. This year, I'm not flaring, but am coughing a lot more than in warmer weather, am more fatigued, and am getting a few red dots on my forearms, which are a typical light version of WG rash. Of course, I have been out in the cold a lot, which doesn't help. Lately, it is not all that cold here by many people's standards, but it has been foggy, and all that moisture in the air makes it feel at least 10 degrees colder than it is. It gets right into your lungs, stimulates coughing, etc. Having to be out in the cold can create stress, which as we know, can contribute to flares. This is not to say that weather is a direct trigger for Wegs or that it is always a factor in a flare.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mich...I'm NOT LOUD, just pompous...LMAO! Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow! And you're never wrong, just not afraid!! Ha!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I think colder weather is hard on me for dealing with my Wegs. My flare last year was at this time of year, after having gotten and semi-recovered from a cold. This year, I'm not flaring, but am coughing a lot more than in warmer weather, am more fatigued, and am getting a few red dots on my forearms, which are a typical light version of WG rash. Of course, I have been out in the cold a lot, which doesn't help. Lately, it is not all that cold here by many people's standards, but it has been foggy, and all that moisture in the air makes it feel at least 10 degrees colder than it is. It gets right into your lungs, stimulates coughing, etc. Having to be out in the cold can create stress, which as we know, can contribute to flares. This is not to say that weather is a direct trigger for Wegs or that it is always a factor in a flare.
    Our weather here today could be really stressful with a blizzard raging with frequent whiteouts of zero visibility and wind chill ranging from minus 30 F to minus 50 F plus wind chills. i would really be stressed out if driving some place today or having to be outside for any length of time. Yet some people are out snowmobiling and ice fishing and enjoying our lovely winter weather. Probably the same people who enjoy golfing at 120 degrees too. I prefer to sit by fire place now and stay warm.
    Last edited by drz; 01-27-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, for me, making a living requires being outside in the cold to sell my pottery. However, if we had anything like your blizzard, drz, the farmers market would be cancelled! Also, sitting by the fire for me means gathering firewood outside, which is physically demanding and stressful, since I can't afford to pay for a cord of wood. However, today I climbed the hill behind my house for the first time in years.... any wood up there would be really hard to get down, but it was a good workout, and felt good! So I guess I need to post that in the workout thread.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789