User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accidentally took half of my prednisolone dose!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Accidentally took half of my prednisolone dose!

Hi!

I am currently on 15mg of prednisolone, a half 20mg pill and one 5 mg pill. I use a "dosett" with 7 compartments for my pills which i refill each sunday. I recently ran out of 20mg pills and got a refill on my prescription! When I was about to fill my dosett this sunday I saw that the seal on my 20mg bottle was not broken, so the whole last week i took only 7.5mg of prednisolone. i think i mixed up the 5mg and 20mg bottles last week! What should I do? I am going to call my doctor tomorrow to hear what they think!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would call your doc, and in the meantime adjust the dose the best you can.... just start taking what you are supposed to. If you got away with this without it making you feel awful, that is a good sign that your adrenals are not in too bad a shape, I guess! A lot would depend on how long you have been on it and to what extent they have shut down. I'm no expert here, just sort of parroting stuff I've gathered from reading the forum, so anyone may have more helpful words to say.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to worry about. You will be just fine. Just go back to the 15mg. What is your pred taper plan? When is your next drop in pred and by how much? You should be off of pred in about a month or 2.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to see that Dr. Phil, who knows more than I do, thinks more or less the same thing. Although if it was me, I would not be off pred in a month or two, at this point. Everyone is different, and you well may be able to do that, as he says.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sooner one can get off pred the better. I bet I will be off of pred in January some time. It was just 10 days ago that I was on 10mg daily and am now doing 10mg every other day and will soon drop to 5mg every other day for a few weeks then just quit.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    The sooner one can get off pred the better. I bet I will be off of pred in January some time. It was just 10 days ago that I was on 10mg daily and am now doing 10mg every other day and will soon drop to 5mg every other day for a few weeks then just quit.
    I'm glad that regimen seems to be working for you, Phil. I flared last winter and would like to avoid that this year so am being pretty careful with my taper. I spend a lot of time outside in the cold and have other stresses involved in trying to make a living with what I create, so it may be a bit more challenging for me, and also considering my age. Since starting to taper I haven't been feeling as well, but maybe I'm just fighting something off and if that clears up, maybe I can continue the taper more aggressively.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Nothing to worry about. You will be just fine. Just go back to the 15mg. What is your pred taper plan? When is your next drop in pred and by how much? You should be off of pred in about a month or 2.

I am on 15mg now, will drop in about 3 weeks I think! I have no idea by how much, I was going to drop to 17.5mg, but my doctor said I was doing so well, so I could drop to 15mg instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear ya Anne. Better to take it slow and easy if it is not going well for you.

Havellen, I bet you will be able to drop to 10mg soon then 5 then just quit.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still taking 5 mg even though the doc. said I can start weaning done to 0, but then I am taking nothing as a back-up and I have alot going on in my life (stress ) that I'm afraid if I stop I'll get a flare.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a special treatment from Dr. Phil, Deb, to relieve that stress......
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast