Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Infections

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Next week is a full week , sometimes two appts. in on day then they are checking me in for three days to clear the potassium from my blood and another few days to clear the toxins from my urine. It has been decided that <I can't have dialysis because my veins aren't strong enough to support the shunts then I have a week of Ketamine. Sounds like a fun filled week ahead. I still have my bladder infection, they seem to have given me everything and nothing works. Big hugs and you take care of your self. I am praying for you. Barbara
    Dear Barbara,
    thank you for your kind words. I am sorry for your suffering I hope that next week will be helpful to you. I pray for you with all my heart. lots of hugs please update us.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara,good luck next week. It seems like it will me a tough one but hopefully you will start to feel better by weeks end. I'll be thinking of you and I'll say a prayer that they find something that will bring you some comfort and end your infection. Keeps us posted
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the cataracts come from the perd.?I have cataracts now, not to bad but they will remove them whenever I have my next surgery.
    My blog: Animo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Can the cataracts come from the perd.?I have cataracts now, not to bad but they will remove them whenever I have my next surgery.
    Unfortunately, pred can cause cataracts. My ophthalmologist says he sees no evidence of them in me yet, although he did indicate it's more a question of when rather than if...
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Unfortunately, pred can cause cataracts. My ophthalmologist says he sees no evidence of them in me yet, although he did indicate it's more a question of when rather than if...
    The good news on this is that the operation is generally very easy and effective and it generally yields good results. I can get by without glasses except for reading for first time in decades after my cataract surgeries.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    The good news .
    drz, the good news are that you are here again I missed you.
    it seems long time since you wrote here. I hope that you are ok. if you feel like, please share how are you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chills and low fever and new UTI came back from my GP with antibiotics and referal to blood tests.
    what is bothering me, is that in the urine test, my protein was 200 ! the norm is no more then 30. I never never had it so high. scary
    the Gp said that after I will finish the antibiotics, I will do urine test of collecting it 24 hours, to check the protein.
    how high is the protein when there is kidney involvement ? what else should I check ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have your previous urinalysis protein levels been at? You get them checked every month, right? What is your creatinine and eGFR at?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry you are having problems again, Alysia. I hope kidney issues are not a part of it.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia

I am also sorry you are going through this. I have been there with the repeated urine infections and it is hell on earth. The 24 hour urine collection is considered a more accurate test for kidney function. They will also do a blood U and E and GFR at the same time. I do know that should the kidneys be involved in the infection you can have high levels of protein in your urine which will go away once the infection is under control. Hoping that this is the case.

Rose

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast