Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Infections

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia,I can't believe you have another infection.Just when you get over 1 another comes your way I wish I could tell you something about the protein amount and the kidneys,is there a kidney dr. you see or even your pcp should be able to tell you. I just googled it and it said most uti only effect the bladder,I hope this is true and eases your mind.There must be something you can take to prevent these all the time
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Alysia I'm so sorry you are dealing with another UTI. I would think that as long as you "catch" the UTI early and it doesn't have time to climb up the ureters to the kidneys you wouldn't get a kidney infection. As far as the protein I'm not sure if that is a marker for wegs or not. There are others more qualified than I to answer that on here. Feel better.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    What have your previous urinalysis protein levels been at? You get them checked every month, right? What is your creatinine and eGFR at?
    thanks everyone. I love you and I couldn't made it without you.
    my protein in the urine was NEVER above the norm. it is first time and it seems very high...
    my creatinine and egfr are inside the norm.
    last creatinine, less then a month ago was 0.89. the norm here is no more then 0.95.
    I just did this morning blood tests so tomorow I can know the recent values.
    thanks again.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia, My doctor had me do a 24 hour urine to check if I was spilling protein into my urine. That along with the BUN and creatinine was a measure of my kidney function. I remember my daughter who has medical issues having protein in her urine. How are you feeling? What does your doctor think? Do you need more tests? I hope you are feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KimH View Post
    Hi Alysia, My doctor had me do a 24 hour urine to check if I was spilling protein into my urine. That along with the BUN and creatinine was a measure of my kidney function. I remember my daughter who has medical issues having protein in her urine. How are you feeling? What does your doctor think? Do you need more tests? I hope you are feeling better.
    Hi Kim. I am still having chills and low fever, fatigue and lower back pain. waiting for the antibiotics to start working. my doc sent me to do many blood tests, which I did today. now I am waiting for the results. she said that the protein can be the result of the infection. it can also be wg-induced. allways there is a need to rule out kidney's involvement. I hope that the creatinine will come normal....
    my wg doc said, the last time it happened, that I don't have to be worried about more "wg-developments" because I am "covered" with rtx, mtx and pred. but I don't know if I can trust him about it.... he did too many mistakes with me.....
    thanks for you caring.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

creatinine arrived. in the norm. thanks God.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alysia...great news. The reason I knew that protein could be found in a urinalysis when a UTI is present is because that actually delayed my diagnosis. I consulted my GP with symptoms of a bladder infection and he told me that it was a bad one as there was high levels of protein, blood and leucocytes present. I had no chills, back pain temp etc which would indicate a kidney infection but all the symptoms of a simple bladder infection. The infection cleared up following antibiotics and there was no follow up. At this time I was having my first symptoms of WG. I was also complaining that day of sinus problems, blocked ears etc and feeling terrible in my head. Little did I know what was ahead of me Fast forward 6 months and I was at death's door. The routine urinalysis done at the consultants room before emergency admission to hospital showed high levels of protein and microscopic blood and a blood test a few days later confirmed kidney failure. I remember about how surprised my GP was about the protein but put it down to the UTI. Often wonder had he told me to have a urinalysis done once the infection cleared, or ordered a blood test to check kidney function would I have been diagnosed 6 months earlier and maybe not have suffered so much damage to my organs.

Just wanted to mention also, that you can check your own urine for protein with the same strips that your doctor uses. You can buy them online or at pharmacies (more expensive) If you are concerned about WG attacking your kidneys this will give you an early indication of a problem which you can then report to your doctor who would then do a more tests. Also good for picking up UTI's early and you could try home remedies whilst it is still mild before resorting to antibiotics. It certainly gives me peace of mind between blood tests

Rose

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very much Rose for your caring and advices and explanations
    I just found on the pharmacy the D-manose that you recomanded, so I think I will try it too.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789