Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hi from NJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom in NJ
    I too saw Dr Spiera & he recommended Rutax treatment. Just wondering who your other drs. are? I live near Manhatten and need a new rhemey and ENT and any other dr. I might need in the future. HOpe your still doing well.
    Mdjazz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdjazz01 View Post
    Tom in NJ
    I too saw Dr Spiera & he recommended Rutax treatment. Just wondering who your other drs. are? I live near Manhatten and need a new rhemey and ENT and any other dr. I might need in the future. HOpe your still doing well.
    Mdjazz
    Hi-
    Just seeing this, I haven't been to this thread in a while. I'm doing really well.
    I live in Morris County in NJ and all my docs are in the Morristown area. I can tell you about my rheumy and ENT if you want some advice.
    Hope all is well.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's March, time for a retest on my nerve conduction studies and bloodwork. I'll see how the conduction study goes.

So far the bloodwork - PR3 still high - 71.5 - sed rate normal - urinalysis normal.

Saw my rheumy last week and she said I'm her healthiest patient.

Here's hoping for the same evaluation for everyone here!
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news on being a healthy patient, Tom.

Good luck on the nerve studies
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mishb View Post
    Great news on being a healthy patient, Tom.

Good luck on the nerve studies
    Thanks Michelle!!
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck Tom. please update us
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy news to share - my nerve EMG studies came back improved over last fall. My nerve response in my legs was normal and in the arms showed only signs of carpal tunnel in both hands. Even better is that I actually feel better, I can tell that things are different from last year. Lungs sound normal, urinalysis is normal.

I still have elevated PR3 in my ANCA panels, and with every test the number gets larger.

My rheumy suggested another follow-up with Dr. Spiera, but I didn't see the point right now. I got my rheumy again to say that I'm the healthiest patient she has and I made her give me a high five. She is actually baffled when she sees me, but I'm OK with that. So I'm sticking to my New Year's Resolution - I'm fine except for one blood test that is wonky.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been away from the forum, but more news to share.

I saw Dr. Spiera today. My recent EMG tests were back to normal. Normal function in my legs, slight carpel tunnel syndrome in my hands, probably from office work. My labwork is good; although my PR-3 is 56, so still not close to normal but lower than any of my previous lab results.

Dr. Spiera said it was the best he has ever seen me and he is continuing to recommend the watchful waiting and said that in his mind I don't have this illness right now.

I'm really happy; for the last year and a half I feel like I've been waiting for the time bomb to go off. So far, it is just ticking.

So other than a wonky blood test result things are good. Thanks for listening, it is hard for others outside of this illness to really understand.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great news, Tom!!
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy to hear the good news!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234