Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions required....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And some of them occasionally post their first post in the middle of someone's thread, until they are redirected to the New Members section. Having that there makes it less likely to happen, as most do go ahead and post there, and if it wasn't there, who knows where they'd post?
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I'm with Anne here in so far as I believe that New Members should be given a specific area to post.
    It can be a daunting thing to be diagnosed and then post on a forum so the whole world can comment
    I also agree. I don't think I'd posted a thread about myself if there was no section for noobs. Now when I've been here for a while I like reading the new threads in the introductions so that I'll know something about new members.

When I was recently diagnosed I also found those introductory threads really interesting, to find out how other people were affected and what meds they were using. It would be harder to find these threads if they were mixed in the general chat. If you look at the thread titles in the noobs section many of them are such that one wouldn't immediately know they are introductory threads.

So I vote to keep them separate. Not a huge deal for me though, but I don't see merit in merging them.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I make a special effort to welcome new members and I think others do, too. When they have their own special section to post in, I agree with Wedgie that it makes it easier to single them out and not miss any. And I, too, get a lot out of the content of these posts by new members.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    I'm thinking of merging the 'New Member Introductions" and "Weggies Stories" forums as they seem to me to basically relate to the same thing. What do y'all think?
    Sounds reasonable to me. The new members stories are always interesting.
    Last edited by Barbara N; 11-09-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    My blog: Animo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12