User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If crusts go away with nasal spray, can it still be Wegeners?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Mike, thanks for getting us back on topic.

Alessa, I agree with Mike that having the crusting go away after using a spray doesn't mean a whole lot. Most of do the NeilMed sinus rinse system or some other form of nasal irrigation, and that will dislodge a lot of stuff that is deep inside your nasal cavity and sinus openings. Many of us find we need to do it several times for the significant chunks to start loosening up and coming out. I'd think whatever you were getting out with a spray was relatively superficial and it is probably not capable of removing crusts and chunks that are further in and you might not know are there.

I hope you don't have Wegener's, but if you do, it could be a "smoldering" case with fairly mild or moderate symptoms, and Mike is right.... with me, for example, I went on for 2.5 years with nasal, ear, and sinus problems that no one thought of as way out of the ordinary, and I didn't get a dx of WG until it went into my lungs and I got really sick. That is pretty typical, unfortunately. It bothers me that the doc in Italy laughed at you when you mentioned WG. It's also true that the crusting could be from something else. But I think you should get it checked out. Maybe you qualify for Medicaid or can get on one of the new plans supposedly available to all who need them, with reduced premiums for those with lower incomes. BTW, my dx was obtained through a nasal biopsy, as Mike described above.

BTW, I also had red itchy eyes at the beginning which were relieved by eye drops, but I'm sure the underlying problem was WG.
    Me too, with crusting and bloody noses for a couple years before the full eruption that almost killed me.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, Anne and Phil, for explainning the state in US. it is sad. and it is not even a 3rd world country
    wg can be smoldering for years and then exploding and even killing.
    Alessa, are you still around ?
    Last edited by Alysia; 10-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12