Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ear tubes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ear tubes

Over the past 3 years I have had ear tubes placed three times. In July of this year I was diagnosed with Weg's. I realize now that my ear problems were likely a result if the Wegs, but am wondering if when the tubes are removed (in the next 3-6 months) if my ear issues are going to return. I would assume as long as my Weg's is "under control" I should be okay without the tubes, right? Anybody else have a similar experience? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Ruotsi,

My experiences are that the tubes fall out on their own within a few months. Once the disease is under control, your hearing will remain somewhat stable. However, you may have days when your hearing is a bit muffled. I think that may be due to changes in atmospheric pressure. I haven't had any ear pain since wegs has been controlled.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Afternoon Ruotsi,

I had a tube in my left ear, and it fell out on it's own about a month after I started treatment for Wegener's. My hearing in that ear was almost completely gone two months ago, but it is slowly starting to come back as the inflamation in my ear and sinuses goes down.

Like Pete said, there may be days when the hearing is not as good. I can feel the pressure changes in both of my ears on a daily basis. If i can get them to "pop" by swallowing hard or making a big yawning action it usualy improves the muffleness in my ears.

My ENT doctor expected the tube to fall out, and has no intention of putting another tube in as my condition is stabilizing. I would suggest seeing an ENT doctor, as Wegener's treats us all a little differently.

-SpaceflightAddict
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had tubes put in when I was first diagnosed - approx 8-9 years ago. Have not had to have them replaced once they fell out. I do see my ENT every 3 months mainly due ot the throat issues I had but he does check my ears everytime I come in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the responses. The tubes have fallen out twice so longer tubes were put in to keep them in place. I have been told they will need to be removed in office. I am hoping that once they are out, they stay out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I am new here, was not aware of this forum. but yes, I also have problems with my ears. In my right ear I just can hear a little bit, in my left ear I get a gromit from time to time, and that helps a lot.