Thread: 2 Follow-Up Questions to "Tired/Sleepy":

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2 Follow-Up Questions to "Tired/Sleepy":

Duh!

Maybe it's just my meds(for example, I forget my blood pressure meds can do that)! That doesn't make it any better though.

Do you take any meds - such as for BP - that don't make you sleepy? Maybe I'm asking for too much.
    Do you take any thing that counters your sleepiness (I already walk and I already drink coffee)?

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been taking bp meds first thing in the morning for nearly ten years.
    I haven't noticed that they make me sleepy.......certainly not back before I had WG
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes, the BP meds work too well. At GPA onset, I was taking small doses of HCTZ, enalapril, and metoprolol. When I had a flare in early 2012, my BP got as low as 80/60. No wonder I was tired. My heart couldn't develop enough oomph to allow me to function. My PCP weaned me off all BP meds during the following year. As my energy returned, I made a commitment to get more exercise. Typically, I walk about three miles 4-5 days a week (takes me about 50 minutes), work in the yard, and play an occasional round of golf (walk 9 holes). My BP now is about normal 125/75 on average), and I feel fine and have good energy.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD