Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Donations

Hi all
    I have been asked many times over the years if I'm taking donations for the upkeep of this website. I've said often that I'll get something together and never have until now

So, I've set up a donation page (see link below). Funds are used for monthly hosting costs, software licensing, patching and general upkeep.

I'm happy to answer any questions of course. Note that I don't care whether you decide to donate or not and if you decide to donate I don't care how much. I will never reveal names of donors to anyone.

None of your information is stored anywhere. Your payment is processed by either Paypal or Stripe through their infrastructure. I will never have access to your payment details which are used purely by the payment processors themselves to process your donation.

Click here to go to the donate page.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to work

BTW, is the currency in USD on purpose? Just wondered if we both get to pay currency conversion if it goes from EUR -> USD -> AUD..
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The server fees are in USD which is why I picked that currency. If you're paying in anything other than USD you'll get Paypal's currency conversion which is pretty much the same as any bank - at least last time I checked
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? When I checked ages ago they tried to rob me with the exchange rates. They mentioned something about increased risk due to fluctuations and increased fraud risk or other BS. I get the cheapest rates by allowing my credit card company to convert the rates so I always take the one that is used for the charge.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first question is:

Andrew, do you take any of these donated funds for yourself? I know you put in a lot of time for this Forum and I do think your time is worth some monetary compensation. But of course that depends on how much is donated.

And also, how much does it cost to host this site each month?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what I've seen from other forums that accepted donations they never were enough to cover basic hosting expenses, so unfortunately I wouldn't be too worried about any money being left over after the hosting costs.. I do hope Andrew wouldn't need to pay out of pocket for giving us this great site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    My first question is:

Andrew, do you take any of these donated funds for yourself? I know you put in a lot of time for this Forum and I do think your time is worth some monetary compensation. But of course that depends on how much is donated.

And also, how much does it cost to host this site each month?
    Hi mate
    Nope - any funds donated go straight to paying fees for server hosting, VBSEO and VBulletin licensing fees. I don't charge for my time

The server costs $99USD per month.
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post

Each month I'll list donations received
    Boss, how did we do for October?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here is the thread.... so where are we standing ? maybe we need to collect again some money... ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the thread?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast