User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-depressants anyone?

Savva Guest

Generally I do not have any anti-depressants. But for dealing with anxiety try Phenazepam. My doc prescribed me it, but I rarely use it. It is used in the treatment of neurological disorders, but I use it as a sleeping drug. I take 2 mg before sleep, though it is not exactly sleeping pill. It will not necessarily make you fall asleep, but will calm your nerves. And even the following morning you will feel relaxed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this talk about doing things without drugs to help...hmmm, and what if the system is damaged anyway and no amount of exercise, meditative thought, etc. helps enough? I have serotonin loss...it's LOST! C'mon...yes, I exercise, I feel better, but the serotonin is still gone. I eat things supposed to help dietarily for serotonin loss...Lexapro is the only thing that has curbed the tendencies to anxiety and depression and just feeling better. I'm flaring a bit right now, and back on pred...it's helping again...without it I felt shitty and was headed towards another larger flare...I'm feeling better today...sheesh. Don't put away your drugs just because of some cultural reflection on the use of drugs and don't give up your 'feeling better' routines as they do help, but don't cure...we've had this discussion before...btw, how many drugs do we all take as we discuss 'better' methods? Hehe! Also, Lexapro is considered by most docs to be one of the finest drugs out there without many side effects for us crazies! So, how about it...got drugs!!??
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Nikki,

Sorry to hear about your blues. FOr me I lived on cloud 9 for almost a year after my DX and then fell to earth with a bump. I got further depressed but fortunatly my hospital offerred counselling and that was a god send. Before DX i went to the gym 4 times a week and for my age (57 at DX) I was very fit, which probably saved my life. I have put on 42lb since then and feel ashamed of my size but after having to spend nearly all last year off work thur WG I have learned to be kind to myself and to cut myself some slack (plenty to go round as you might imagine!!) Anyway I would suggest getting some counselling and try and look at the bigger picture...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moon face does go away, I can attest. I had it two different times, for a long time, and it did flatten out, and no worry, everyone commented on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StephaniaWi View Post
    Moon face does go away, I can attest. I had it two different times, for a long time, and it did flatten out, and no worry, everyone commented on it.
    Some people thought I looked better with my moon face since it hid any wrinkles. But after it went down some, others noted "your face doesn't look so puffy anymore" but there are still some new extra bags and folds where they weren't before. The buffalo hump is no longer noticeable though so that is better.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on Celexa and it does wonders for the Pred Rage anyway. I had issues with anger at times before being on Prednisone, and the steroids just amplified them. The celexa helps me keep a more even keel. Defintely helps with anxiety as well, though that has not always been as big an issue for me. At least I'm not freaked out as bad by public speaking now
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My moon face went away and I look a lot better. I have small features, so the moon face just sort of swallowed them up.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12