Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Great ENT in South-central Wisconsin/Northern Illinois

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Great ENT in South-central Wisconsin/Northern Illinois

Reading all the posts all over this forum, I'm noticing a trend--there seen to be a lot of less than favorable ENT docs out there!

After 20 years of being self employed, I hesitantly recommend anyone, becuase if someone does not like my recommendation, it could have looked bad on me and my business. So that said, I'm not a huge fan of recommending anyone.

BUT, I have had great results with my ENT, that I'm more than comfortable putting his name out there. Since my diagnosis 18 months ago, he's been the best thing to help me with this awful disease's sinus and nose issues. Every time I go to his office, he does a thorough examination with a scope, clears out any crusts that are obstructing my airways, and is a generally receptive to my questions, comments and concerns. I believe that he is on top of the game and is well read as far as WEG treatments, and works closely with my Rheumatologist (at the same clinic) to provide the best care to me as he can.

When I was in a lot of pain (a really bad 9/10 sinus headache) a few weeks ago, I saw his posture physically change when he saw how much I hurt that morning. To me, that says a lot about a doctor--when you can see the compassion in his/her face and body language when he sees you in his/her offcie.

So, if you live in the northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin area, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Anthony Rogerson at the Monroe Clinic in Monroe, Wisconsin. Here's a link to his page on the clinic website:
    https://www.monroeclinic.org/find-a-...ge=0&person=88

How many times have you had a great doc with less than stellar support staff? NOT HERE! His staff is absolutely outstanding. There is also a PA in the office (Brian Knutsen) who has helped me on a couple occasions and I am totally comfortable with Brian and his abilities as well.

I only hope that all of you can find a group of people that are as good as the ENT staff a the Monroe Clinic!

NO, I have not been paid for this endorsement!

I sincerely hope this can help at least one of you!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mike,
    you are right that finding a really good ENT doc is rare
    you are lucky to find one who is not only professional but also compassionate
    and it is so nice of you to share this info
    (for me it is too far away, but prob others can benefit... )
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is great, Mike! Thanks for sharing. Yes, I wish we could all have that great an ENT and the great medical team you apparently have. I think someone from Wisconsin joined the forum recently and was wondering where to turn; I hope she sees this and that this clinic is not too far from her. I have essentially no knowledge of your state or its geography, but am glad to hear such excellent resources are available to you there.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011