User Tag List

Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Extreme booger pictures ahead. Not Safe For Lunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget forumites, to check out the prize for the largest booger go to spaceflightaddict's other thread - http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.c...all-nerds.html
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a guy thing or what !!!! That's just gross..Shall I show you a picture of me throwing up now !!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is science Deb.......it is making comparisons.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

4. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from my first ENT follow up after diagnosis, and that doctor is a miracle worker.

I just had my nose professionally picked, and it was AWESOME. Also talked him into putting some of the endoscope pictures from the exam on my USB stick.

Prepare yourselves, here are the pictures from today's visit, including endoscope pictures from inside my sinuses: Boogers part two - Imgur

Oh man did that feel good. He just kept digging and digging, like a crazed gold miner.
    "It takes less muscles to smile than it does to frown!"

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your nose looks quite good inside besides the crusties. Do you not rinse your nose each day Andy? That is a lot of crusties to get out in one sitting. A lot of those look old as well. I bet you can breath a lot better now.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

7. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what are those white things in the turbinates?
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

9. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    Your nose looks quite good inside besides the crusties. Do you not rinse your nose each day Andy? That is a lot of crusties to get out in one sitting. A lot of those look old as well. I bet you can breath a lot better now.
    I use a NeilMed Sinus rinse three times a day, every day, without fail, and get some nice crusty chunks out every time. My septum was completely destroyed, and most of that was one huge chunk that wedged itself in the hole leftover in a way that he had to break apart in pieces to get out.

The doc said everything looked like it is healing very good. I have a video of the endoscopy that i'm working on getting up soon.

I feel like a million bucks right now!

-SpaceflightAddict

-A quote to a doctor from me, in the hospital, while giving him a Bells Palsy smile (I was on some gooooood drugs at the time)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear. That is awesome. And thanks for those pics. I look forward to the video.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

12. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceflightAddict View Post
    Just go to imgur: the simple image sharer and create an album. It is free, and you do not have to create an account to post anything there, so you can keep nice and anonymous. They give you a link to delete the pictures if you don't have an account, so should you need to, you can.
    I did not see way to create an album... is there a home page or whatnot? By doing this, did you share your booger pics with the entire world, at least temporarily? I did not look at any of the booger pics; I figure, you've seen one booger you've seen them all. And I've had some huge ones, just like some of you, so I know what those look like, too. They are often kind of "ruffled" or convoluted in shape, I figure because they have broken loose from being up against the lining of the nasal cavity. Mine don't give relief around or in back of the eyes; I don't have much problem around the eyes, except for more runny mucus coming out the corners of them. I did have a lot more eye discomfort early on, which disappeared with treatment. My buildup seems to be confined to the nasal cavity and openings to the sinuses. I'm not altogether clear on the anatomy. My relief is definitely felt in the nasal area and the back of my throat, where they occasionally come out, though it's usually out the nostrils. My nose immediately becomes less runny, as it is no longer trying to expel them. I have had my ENT extract them a few times; that was pretty good. But using the NeilMed several times in a row usually does about the same thing, and I only have to do that about once a week. I do the NeilMed every day, just not that many times.

Alysia, the translation for "booger" is just what you think it is after seeing those pics, although people without Wegener's probably have much smaller ones..... we have mega-boogers. When we were kids and talked about boogers, we just meant small ones, since we had no clue they could be that big. I did have some big ones before I knew I had Wegs, and did some research and found out that some apparently non-Weggies have them, too. My ENT did not think it was weird to have them, for someone who supposedly was just having recurring sinus infections. But they have gotten a lot bigger since my dx. I figure the damage Wegs has done to my anatomy has created a lot more space for big ones to create themselves.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    And what are those white things in the turbinates?
    I have no idea what turbinates are. Could you elaborate?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast